Chapter 07

A/N: Hey there! Hope you guys are doing well!

I do apologise if this chapter feels rushed? Not sure

Also, i would like to point out that this is just a fictional story and just my imagination. If you do not like the plot or the way its written or any of its characters, please feel free to not read it anymore.

Ps: i'm addicted to Douluo Continent

Anywho, on to the chapter! Hope you like it!

——————————————————————————

Three figures sat in a dark office room, one stretched with annoyance while the other two were filled with looks of confusion and barely masked disgust,

Jin Guangshan took pride in calling himself as a man who knew how to get what he wanted.. or well.. the countless amount of mistresses that found their way to his bed every night could say that. But, the one thing he was still frustratingly trying to achieve was the approval of the three most respected and fearsome clans of their world. 

He held a deep resentment towards the three families since years before.. despite being on conversational terms with the leaders of the three clans, they had never made an effort to welcome him in to their inner circle, even as years went by, now that their children were the ones running the organizations, they still seem to carry the same attitude as their parents, in spite of who took in charge, or how many times he had actively tried to coax them into letting him do business with them, they never complied..

The closest he had ever gotten to being called "friends" with the three families was when his son had fallen in love with Jiang Yanli, the lanky pretty oldest child of Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan. Even though the girl was no harm, the only thing he could not stand was her younger brother and their ward, any chance he had taken to try and get the pretty maiden alone for merely entertainment purposes, the two brats were always there, glaring at him through their cat like eyes, but then the young love had bloomed completely into a relationship and the families had agreed to the two kids wanting to get married.. he was happy.. she'd be his only daughter-in-law and he would, some day be blessed with a grandchild but his greed and stupidity only caused him grief on the night of the wedding reception,

No one was meant to die that night, that hadn't been his plan.. the shooting was supposed to be merely a distraction for him to reach his actual goal.. but instead his daughter in law had taken a shot to her heart, protecting their ward as he was told, and on the same night, not only did he fail to get what he want but he also lost his son, the man that was walking around his house now was nothing but a shell of the once cheerful boy he had..

He was informed that the youngest boy of the three clans had mysteriously disappeared but the reason for his disappearance still remained a question for everyone to this day. They never knew if the three families were looking for the missing boy, because everyone knew he was the one thing you could not touch or even look at when it comes to them, no one who spoke ill about the boy had lived to see another day, but even if they were searching for him, they were careful enough to not display it to the outsiders... not that he thought they would, he knew unlike his own children, the heirs of the three clans were extremely smart and vigilant in their work..

Jin Guangshan hated the boy with his whole being, he hated him for ruining his plans and he hated him for ruining his son's life.. but it wasn't all bad.. for he always chided his son for being too soft hearted for the business they were in but the incident had turned him into a perfect emotionless solider, and for that one thing, he was grateful..

However, his current predicament was beginning to grate on his nerves, did the younger generation hold any respect for their elders? He had approached the new leaders of Yungmeng and Gusu Lan in hopes of getting their approval to do business passing their territories, but to his great annoyance, he was shot down immediately multiple times..