19

————

"You gotta understand that Mogadishu in the 90's was a hellhole. Warlords controlled whole swaths of the city. My team and I were charged with cleaning the place up." Kreese talked about his military days, at first it was pretty cool but after 3 or more stories it got annoying. Seems like this man is stuck in the past, I'm pretty sure he didn't accomplish much in his life since he only talks about himself back in the days.

"How many warlords did you kill?" Hawk asked curiously, I could see a small smirk on his face.

"You keep track of every ant you stomp out?" I would, I would keep count of every last one of them.

Hawk and Aisha looked amazed, "Woah." I heard her soft mumble and I chuckled softly. Their fascination with Kreese was amusing to watch.

"You ever seen anyone blow up?" I asked curiously suddenly, sure his military stories were kind of boring but I was very interested in the gory details.

Kreese smirked at me, "Yes." I nodded with a small smirk, "Cool." I muttered under my breath.

Then Kreese began talking about another story and I stopped listening until I heard, "We were outgunned. Outmanned."

"Outnumbered out planned.." I softly sung under my breathe, pretty much spaced out until I noticed Miguel staring at me. I coughed softly, looking back down a little embarrassed even though everybody was mostly used to me talking or singing to myself.

"Rwanda was no joke." Miguel suddenly stood up, "Don't you mean Somalia?" He asked, I had no idea where either of those places were but I was pretty sure Miguel was right.

"Mogadishu is in Somalia, Rwanda's a whole different country." I looked over at Kreese and saw he has an annoyed expression as he looked at Miguel. Oh boo hoo the ancient white guy's ego is hurt, I rolled my eyes a little and continued stretching.

Kreese chuckled softly, "Of course, Somalia. I've spent so much time in the sandbox it all kind of bleeds together, y'know." Aisha and Hawk nodded, grinning, I chuckled softly.

"Listen up!" We all turned our heads at the sound of Sensei's voice, I stood up. "I see we've got some new recruits."

"Everybody fall in! In neat rows and lines." We all fell in, I was standing in the same spot as always, next to Hawk. "Time to see what you're made of." Sensei talked to the new students who looked nervous and awkward as hell, clearly not used to getting yelled at. I grew up with Mexican parents so getting yelled at was never a problem for me.

Sensei walked around, looking over at everybody and fixing anybody's posture, "Sorry, parents can't stay for class. It's an insurance thing." I raised an eyebrow and turned my head curiously at whoever he was talking to. I saw a grown man with a bandanna standing there, he looked embarrassed.

"I'm not a dad.. I- I am here to kick some ass, sir!" I scoffed a little, stopping myself from laughing and covering my mouth slightly. Was he serious?

Sensei inspected the man, "Do I know you from somewhere?" He asked. "Oh yeah um.. I sold you the mirror." The guy said awkwardly, this was kind of painful to watch. But I do applaud the guy for even coming here in the first place. Y'know with his age and all that.

"Look you're a.. little old, this is a class for teenagers." Sensei explained, clearly wanting the guy to leave.

"Well I can take em.." He chuckled softly, "I'm not afraid of kids sir." I grinned evilly, oh he should be.

"And my mom, she doesn't charge me rent. So I just- I got a lot of cash to burn." Oh my god he just got sadder and more pathetic.

After he handed Sensei cash he reconsidered and let him stay, walking back up to the front. "I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic. But if you do what I tell you to do, you'll at least have a chance at becoming a fighter. But to do that, you gotta fight."