Chapter 11

CW: more torture, but it's the last of it.

How much time has it been? Minutes, hours, a day? They shocked me unconscious twice and they electrocuted me so many times I lost count.

At first they told me things between a shocking session and another, but they only managed to hear me reciting Sappho when they expected me to reply... my answers only made them angrier and angrier to the point of raising the voltage each time, so in retrospect it wasn't a very smart idea, I blame the drugs on my lack of control (that and my innate suicidal tendencies).

Each time I have enough energy to glance at them, I see them with complacent sneers and a terrified look of the lad, I almost feel sorry for him, then I remember where we are.

After a while they grow tired of shocking me, so when they want to change modalities the head doctor orders the lad to fetch him a rag and a bucket filled with water; it takes me a few seconds to understands what he wants to do to me and I admit that it lights a small spark of panic in me.

The doctor comes back with a sodden rag and his smirk tells me everything. "You could have been more entertaining, maybe if we change our tactics you'll be something more enjoyable." I ignore his words, closing tightly my mouth and I watch closely his hands as they hover over my face. "Let's see how long you can keep your breath." I manage to breathe in some air before he lets the rag fall which slaps my face and immediately my airways are blocked, I try to stay calm, but a sudden punch in my gut makes me lose my breath and I start to feel myself drowning...

(Evie's point of view)

It's been hours since we last knew of her whereabouts, no one slept at all last night and now the sun is rising. We tried to search in the streets for some kind of clue but I couldn't find anything; once I return to the train I let myself fall on an armchair and my shoulders drop for the first time since hours, I look around and no one has came back so I let the silence lull me to an almost meditative state and unconsciously my mind takes me to the few times Jacob questioned my relationship with Elizabeth. We are simply two close-knit assassins, we share a few common interests and that's it... So would I miss her if she decided to go back and stay with her mother? I mean, possibly? She is the only other female assassin I know and although I like exchanging ideas with Henry, she has a particular mind too and I enjoy her presence. Who wouldn't? I mean, she is intelligent, and I suppose physically she is... nice? I don't think I've ever seen her without a shirt but she is lean... her eyes are like a peaceful sea and her hair seems soft and it makes me want to thread my thingers in it but that doesn't mean I would... enjoy a more intimate relationship? I groan and I shake my head. "Oh, fuck this! She is in dire danger and I am thinking about some nonsense my brother spouted off just to get a rise out of me!" I stand up and I walk up to the map. Come on, Evie, just, think of the possible routes she could have taken... I hope my brother and Henry found something.

It's almost half past ten in the morning when Henry comes back and I see in his eyes that something is wrong.

(Third person point of view)

Henry and Jacob once they got out of the train started to search for Elizabeth, covering different boroughs around Clara's alley and from there they get further from the place, not finding anything.

They meet each other in a street to go back to the train station. "Found anything, Henry?"

The Indian man raises an eyebrow at the Twin, but other than that he ignores the change of name. "Nothing, you?"

"Same... We've been searching for her for quite a while. Do you think someone here knew of her and wanted some kind of revenge on her?"

Henry glances at Jacob and sighs before he answers, "She's an Assassin, albeit not very active in London, and this city is a Templar nest. One of them could have recognized her and kidnapped her simply for that. Or maybe some other enemy knew of her and seen a menace. Probably it's both, but I lean more on a Templar mission." as they walk closer to an alley they hear some rustling, they stop and Jacob takes a peek out of curiosity then he walks quickly inside since there is a dog poking and nibbling a person laid on the ground, unmoving, Henry follows him and they push the dog away and they try to check on the person. "Turn them around, please."