Chapter 21 - The Boy Band

Pepper's POV
12 WEEKS LATER

It's been a week since Tony has seen me and I want it to be special. I competed setting up the table for our special dinner. The table was set up nicely with rose's in the middle and covering up the table, a nice red cloth. Wine glass' were set up with a nice design on the bottom and plates on the table with knifes, forks for the chicken and salad that were waiting on the table. The door bell rang. He's here!! I jumped up and went toward the door and took a deep breath. I opened the door and found Tony there, with flowers, smiling. In his other hand, the suit folded up in his suitcase.

"Pepper!!!" He set down his suitcase and handed me the flowers. He gave me a huge hug. "I've missed you!" Tony said with a sigh. I hug him back.

"I've missed you too!" I said. He slowly let me go and walked in. I closed the door and his mouth was in a giant O shape.

"Y-you made dinner....?" He said slightly shocked. "I-it smells really good!" He says and looked around.

"Yeah well..." I walk over, setting the flowers down on the table. "It's a surprise!" I smile and walk over to Tony. I gave him a kiss on the cheek. Tony some what blushed and walked toward the table.

"I'm so glad to be home with you.. And our unborn child" Tony said with a smile and sat down. I sat down at the table and started off with the salad. Tony went for the chicken first and poured himself some wine.

"So.. How was it? Did you and your 'boy band' save the day?" I slightly mocked and smiled at him. He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"We are not a boy band Pepper! There is a girl on the team!" Tony laughed slightly and started eating his chicken. "We did good tho... We defeated what needed to be defeated." Tony said. I slightly nodded to myself, finishing my salad. I reached over for the chicken and slowly poured myself some lemonade.

Tony's POV

Pepper was being unreasonable quiet.

"Hey.. Hon? Are you okay?" I'm asked her as she took a slip of her lemonade. She looked up at me.

"I'm fine Tony... Thanks..." She said and looked back down, eating her chicken. I grabbed onto my 3rd chicken but stopped. She wasn't fine... Something happened. Something was wrong.

"Pepper...? If something happened. I need you tell me." I said calmly. Pepper toke a deep breathe. I could tell that she had something on her mind but wasn't willing to tell it. I slightly nodded to myself but couldn't stop thinking 'what happened when I was gone?'.

I picked up my finished plate and brought it to the sink. I washed it off and moved back to the table, finishing my wine. Pepper continued eating her chicken but slowly. I studied her closely. There was something really wrong. I sighed and sat next to her. Pepper slowly dropped her fork and laid her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my hands around her baby bump and held her closer. She started to cry.

"Shh.... Pepper.. It's okay... D-did they come back...?" I asked her. She nodded slightly breathing hard.

"H-he won't stop..." Pepper cried. I held Pepper closer, planting kisses on her head and rubbing her baby bump.

"Everything is going to be okay" I said.

This all started right after I got asked to join SHIELD or Supreme Headquarters bah bah bah bah bah... which is away to long. Anyways, these 'notes' started showing up at our house saying crap like 'I'm coming to get you' or 'you better watch out'. This worried Pepper but I just thought it was some teenagers messing around. So I ignored it. That was a mistake.

They kept coming and coming. They were mostly directed to me but also Pepper. Pepper was afraid of me going on a mission and leaving her home, alone, with our future baby.

I held Pepper closer and rocked her in my arms, whispering to her that everything will be alright. But I wasn't sure that everything would be alright. I sighed but knew that no one was going to take Pepper away from me.

Hope you enjoyed with chapter! Comment what you think is going to happen next and don't be afraid to send idea's for the next question. Heads up! The book is almost coming to a end so...
- GallifreysTardis