🇮🇳Andhra Pradesh🇮🇳

Andhra PradeshBy- Tanvitango + -hmunelson

Andhra Pradesh
By- Tanvitango + -hmunelson

A state which is known for its Buddhist pilgrimage sites, the land of the famous diamond Kohinoor, Andhra Pradesh is located in south-eastern India. The meaning of Andhra Pradesh is also a state of southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal. Originally, Andhra Pradesh was a region with 2 states combined i.e., Telangana and the current Andhra Pradesh whose Capital was Hyderabad, due to some conflicts, they split into 2 different states, the current state talking about taking the name Andhra Pradesh

, Telangana and the current Andhra Pradesh whose Capital was Hyderabad, due to some conflicts, they split into 2 different states, the current state talking about taking the name Andhra Pradesh

Amravati, Kurnool, and Visakhapatnam are the capitals of this beautiful city. Yes, you read it right. It is the only state which has three capitals. Visakhapatnam is the executive capital, while Amravati and Kurnool are the legislative and judiciary capital, respectively.

YS Jaganmohan Reddy, whose full name is Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy, is the elected Chief Minister of this state serving from 2019. Earlier, he was the leader of the opposition party of Andhra Pradesh, but now he is the ruling party. Biswabhusan Harichandan is the current governor of Andhra Pradesh from 2019.

Telugu is spoken by 83.88% of Andhra Pradesh's population, and thus is seen as the primary official language of this state. Apart from this, there are many ethnic minorities as well who have their own ethnic languages, such as Urdu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, and Odia.

Andhra Pradesh is a vast state that has a lot to offer to its people. There are very famous culinary restaurants in this state which will bring water in your mouth, and you would love it for sure.

Kandhi Podi rather called Pappu Podi is one of the most famous side dishes, often mixed with plain rice or eaten with Idli of Andhra Pradesh, which has a flavour of spicy powders in it. It's for those who love to try spicy dishes.

Pesarattu is a carb-free dish that is eaten as breakfast or a light snack. It is stuffed with Rava Upama and tastes yum.

The Akura Pappu combines the goodness of spinach with the protein content of conventional dal. This dish also proves that not all Andhra's dishes are spicy.

While the majority of festivals in Andhra Pradesh, just like elsewhere, display the local folklore, mythological legends, and religious traditions, some are also organized by the Andhra Pradesh government to promote state tourism

The most important festival here is Srivari Brahmotsavam. It is a nine-day long festival that is celebrated on the grounds of the sacred Tirupati Balaji Temple. It has many other festivals such as Ugadi, which is celebrated with great enthusiasm. During the festivities, people adorn the traditional attire, perform rituals, visit their friends and families, and exchange gifts.

You will find various monuments in this state which are unique in style, design and come under the 'must visit' list.

The richest temple in the world is located here, which is named Tirumala Venkateswara temple and was built for Lord Venkateswara. It is one of the most visited shrines in the world. It is the richest temple because a lot of emperors donated gold to this temple, with which its roof had been made.

The beaches are a must visit. The RamaKrishna Beach gives the silent, relaxing sea breeze and soft sand that makes you want to lie there for the entire day.

One of the most intriguing places to visit is the VMRDA INS Kursura Submarine Museum. This Submarine is the fourth submarine of the Indian Navy. This Submarine has been converted into a museum for the submarine enthusiasts who want to explore the submarine.

 This Submarine has been converted into a museum for the submarine enthusiasts who want to explore the submarine

This state has given birth to some of the precious gems of our country. G. Ranga is one of them, Born in the Guntur district of Nidubrolu, he was an active participant of the Freedom movement and heavily inspired by Gandhi Ji. He was the founder of International Federation of Agricultural Producers

Andhra Pradesh is rich in traditional folk art forms and provides entertainment to the common people. The dance forms differ from simple to joyous celebration of a good harvest.

Butta Bommalu Gargalu and Veera Natyam are some of the dance forms which involve just the rhythm and no music. At the same time, Kolatam, Chakka Bhajana, and Tappeta Gullu are some other dance forms that involve story narration often done in pairs.

The most famous folk dance belonging to this state is Kuchipudi. It involves speech, songs, gestures, and of course, dance. Women get dressed with a traditional saree along with gold jewellery. They also tie up their hair in a bun and do dark makeup, which enhances the beauty of the performance.

You will find a collection of performed arts over here, which includes dance, music, and drama. This state is a mix of different religions, communities, and lifestyles, but the fact is that everyone lives in harmony. The people are kind and polite and have immense belief in god.

This state is a major producer of rice because of which it is also known as the 'Rice bowl of India.'

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

We hope you learned something about this beautiful state of Andhra Pradesh and will definitely spread the word about it to others.

Swagatam!
#ind_legion