🇮🇳 Puducherry 🇮🇳

PuducherryBy- the_lost_stories + Stariewrites

Puducherry
By- the_lost_stories + Stariewrites

Puducherry is among the eight union territories of India. It was previously known as Pondicherry. It comprises four territories of former French India.,i.e. Pondicherry, Karaikal, Mahe, Yanaon.

Puducherry and Karaikal district lies within the boundaries of Tamil Nadu, while Mahe within the limits of Kerala and Yanaon in Andhra Pradesh.

Pondicherry district is the capital city of the Union Territory of Puducherry. It is the most populous city of the cities in this Union Territory, with a total population of around 12 lakh people. Puducherry covers an area of around 479 sq. km. The town includes 42 wards, of which the first ten are in the northern part of the city. Meanwhile, the ward 11 to 19 are in Boulevard Town and the remaining in the southwest of the city.

Pondicherry or Puducherry is governed by the well-known Dr

Pondicherry or Puducherry is governed by the well-known Dr. Kiran Bedi, who was appointed by our respected President for a term of five years.
The executive authority lies in the hands of the chief minister, and N. Rangaswamy is the current Chief Minister of Puducherry. Meanwhile, the chief secretary happens to be Ashwani Kumar.

Tamil is the most-spoken language of this union territory. At the same time, the people also speak English, French, Malayalam, and Telugu, keeping in mind the history of rulers and the surrounding states and boundaries.

The French East India Company (formed by Jean-Baptiste Colbert in 1666) inaugurated a colony in 1668 at Surat and in 1674 at Pondicherry (now Puducherry). Pondicherry was made the capital of the French post by the company’s director, François Martin. In 1725, Mahe was founded, followed by Yanam in 1731 and Karaikal in 1739.