🇮🇳 Madhya Pradesh 🇮🇳

Madhya PradeshBy- the_lost_stories

Madhya Pradesh
By- the_lost_stories

Welcome to the heart of India.
What? You don’t know which state is called the ‘Heart of India’?
So, let us tell you why it is called so and what are the beautiful aspects of this state.

MADHYA PRADESH - ‘The Heart of INDIA.’

It is the central state of India and is thus called the Heart of India, aka Madhya Pradesh.

It is the second-largest Indian state in terms of size, with an area of 3,08,000 sq. km. Geographically, Madhya Pradesh occupies a pivotal position in the country. It is the fifth-largest state by population, with more than 75 million residents.

The state has no coastline and no international frontier. It shares its border with the states of Uttar Pradesh to its northeast, Chhattisgarh to its southeast, Maharashtra to its south, Gujarat to its southwest, and Rajasthan to its northwest.

Being the central state and connected to various other states with a varied history and diverse culture, Madhya Pradesh witnesses the mixed culture and distinct beliefs representing the shadows of the states it is connected to.

The state is headed by Shivraj Singh Chauhan as the Chief Minister and Anandi Ben Patel as the governor.

Bhopal, being the capital city, is a beautiful and well-known lake city of the country. It is also called  "Nawabon ka shehar'' and has its history rooted in Mughal Empire. Indore is the largest city of the state, whereas Jabalpur, Gwalior, Ujjain, Rewa, Satna, and Ratlam are the other major cities of the state.

Madhya Pradesh has its own history and culture that can be seen in its various forms of art and architecture.

The state has been directly affected by historical and economic movements in the country. It has witnessed everything from the ancient period to the modern periods and from pre-independence to post-independence eras. It has been built, rebuilt, and has developed through all these timelines. The state’s history lies in its architecture which stores the art of every clan, every dynasty, and every emperor.