Chapter Four: The Promise

Trigger Warnings for this Chapter:

Sexual Exploration (PG-13)

Drinking (As Usual) 

Adult Language (As Always)

June 2015

Jimin:

"Guys, come on we have a thing to do." called Namjoon. Jimin, Taehyung and JHope were all laying in a pile playing on their phones and taking Selcas, but they untangled themselves and joined the other boys in the living room.

"Remind me what this thing is, again," asked Jin, mouth half full of Kimchee and bacon.

"We get to see the Dope Music Video and react to it for the first time!!" Namjoon yelled. "And plus, guys, it is Saturday!" He pulled beer and wine out. Jimin had already grabbed a beer and passed it to JK and was grabbing one for himself now.

"Guys, wait, can we wait until after we react, please?"

Jimin smiled innocently while he pulled the beer until the table. JK followed suit. Everyone was grabbing beers, taking swigs and then hiding them around the room. Namjoon laughed, "Okay, fine, get ready."

Jimin took a few more swigs and JK copied him with a laugh and smile, and before they knew it, there was Dope.

Jungkook:

When he saw the video begin, Jimin sitting there with his orange hair and then when the dance combo started, Jungkook was carried right back to that moment 2 months ago when he had had SUCH a hard time learning this dance. When I fell hard for Park Jimin, he was willing to admit to himself now.

That time was precious inside him, though, because something had changed between him and Jimin. They had always been the best of friends, but Jimin used to tease JK in a different way before. Now JK teased him back, and Jimin had a different tenderness for him.

Now they always looked for each other. Jungkook always tried to sit near him, be with him, do the things he was doing.

He realized he had been hiding something from himself before that day that he was starting to accept.

I want Jimin all for myself, he thought, as he watched him dance the quickstep, grind his hips in the video. He looked back at his friend, who met his eyes instantly with a smile. Under the table Jimin's hand found his, and squeezed.

"Guys, didn't Jungkook do a good job getting this dance, finally?" said Jimin, "Look at the Maknae now!" In the end you would have never known how hard it was for him to get, the video looked amazing.

Jimin with the orange hair and glasses at the desk would be burned into Jungkook's face forever.

Jimin:

They were celebrating the music video that night, drinking well and singing and dancing karaoke like they always ended up doing. And Jimin and Jungkook were the last ones awake, like they always ended up being.

It was worth it, thought Jimin, to spend some time with just Jungkook. Their schedules were so busy that even though they were always together, it rarely felt private. These moments of whispering and snuggling before bed were often his only time with Jungkook.

Things had definitely changed in the past couple months, thought Jimin wryly, and he honestly wasn't sure what to make of it. Jungkook was always with him, even Jin noticed and joked that he was Jimin's satellite. And Jungkook had no retort but to blush, thought Jimin, blushing now himself... truthfully, he sought out the younger boy when he wasn't around, as well.