Chapter 11: Peter Is Still An Idiot

Percy's POV:

I'm going to kill Peter... hold up let me explain as I think I just flew right by most of you all. Yes Peter and Tyson are part of the crew(an: Part of the ship) now, Tyson is not all that bad, Peter however, Holy Hera, I wish I would have let him die on the first quest.

He thinks because he's the 'only' 'demigod' son of Poseidon, and since we are sailing through 'his' father's domain, that he should be in command of the ship. In all honesty I'm surprised Clarisse hasn't killed him yet, as throwing him overboard was already done...multiple times. 

Flashback: hi I'm still with Percy incase you're wondering

So here we were at Virginia Beach, the place where we would be making our last stop, before heading down the remaining shoreline and out to sea in a semi straight line to the Strait of Charybdis and Scylla. Why are we stopping here, simple fuel and food. Since it is probably going to take a day to reach the strait, and who knows how long afterwards. We used the last of the money we took from camp to do this, so...so far I'm not going to get in trouble for using my emergency funds, which hasn't been restocked yet, as I haven't done much hunting in the pass year to restock it. Maybe I could make some easy money off of Apollo or Hermes...or their children, all viable options once I get back.

So as we were returning from the convenience store nearby, low and behold our skeletal crew was defending the ship, from an idiot and a young cyclops. "Peter" Clarisse screamed and charged at him with her spear. Peter wisely jumped into the water for his own safety in response to the angry daughter of Ares.

As soon as he hit the water though, Clarisse just simply stepped on the boat and ordered to prepare for leaving, as soon as Annabeth and I were on. Tyson the young innocent mind that he has, was likely scared and helped in the preparations to leave, by undoing the mooring lines, after which I pulled him onto the ship only to get a look from Clarisse.

"What he can help keep the engine running" I defended

"fine" she grumbled, "but if he messes up I don't care where we are I'm kicking him off my boat" 

"ship" Tyson and I correct instinctively, which only served to annoy Clarisse as she went below decks.

A few minutes later I guided Tyson down to the engine room, and I think the only way one could be happier would be a son of Hephaestus who is also an engine junkie. Tyson immediately got to work and less than a half hour later the room was distinctively cooler and the noise level reduced.

So imagine my surprise when the engine was finally quietened that I heard a screaming and yelling match coming above deck about who was the rightful captain of this ship. I, being the ever so dramatic and theatrically talented person that I am, decided to go and have some fun that would make my grandfather slightly jealous of my dramatic talents.

I ran up onto the top deck as fast as I could, which was only a few seconds, and took a quick look of the scene before me, and it was less than a second, before stating "Captain La Rue, do we have a stowaway on board" 

They, Clarisse, Annabeth, and Peter, gave me confused looks, before the crew seemed to get what I was at, and started surrounding Peter, effectively entrapping him, all while chanting stowaway.

"Give the orders captain and we shall take care of this rapscallion" I said, which only got a confused look from Peter, as Annabeth bursted out laughing, and I think Clarisse was still trying to compute what was going on.

After a few long seconds, "Captain" I questioned, which seemed to draw Clarisse back, "What shall we do with the stowaway" I finished

"toss him overboard" Clarisse said emotionlessly

As soon as the order was given the skeletal crew and I proceeded to do as ordered, and tossed Peter unceremoniously off the ship and into his father's domain. Yeah, I knew it wouldn't do anything, except irritate him, but it was about sending a message to the son of the sea god.

Of course, he comes back up onto the top deck using his powers and we do the same thing five more times, all with Clarisse chuckling in the background, and Annabeth joining in on throwing him overboard the last three.  

Eventually, as one would get from throwing the same person overboard multiple times in a day, we got board of throwing him over, but I am pretty sure we made it clear to him who the captain was...well that only lasted for a few hours as he took a nap after we left to go do what we should have been doing.

And as soon as Peter woke up from his nap he started going off about how he should be captain again, which only got him a spear to the side from Clarisse.

Flashback: I'm done here

You see why I want to kill him now, the only thing he's doing is causing trouble for us. Well Clarisse mostly, as the skeletal crew is loyal to her and neither Annabeth nor myself will ever appoint Peter to be in charge as he'll likely screw up, or abuse his power.

You see that's what I like about Clarisse and some of Ares's children, they understand that the morale of their soldiers, or those they are leading, is an important thing, as to prevent mutiny. Peter, however, I don't think understands that, and just wants control/command for the sake of it, or possibly to fulfill his ego he got from returning the bolt in the first quest.

I was starting to get tired of the arguing myself, so I pulled out my spear, and electrified it, before swing it into Peter's side, discharging the electrical charge, and hopefully knocking him out until we reached the strait. "I am going to get some rest. Wake me up an hour before we reach the strait" I said, and then went below deck.