Chapter 2: Communicating

Fiennes was taking charge, as if Renjo wasn't there.

"Alright everyone, listen up. No matter what happens, we will not backstab one another, nor will we end up getting lost. Comprende?" The crew nodded their heads. "Good. Now let us fight these rebellion members!" Fiennes commanded as the ship rocked.

She looks good taking command. Like fire hitting ice, creating that steam which can fill out the rooms of a sauna. Renjo thought. Might just make her captain. Two captains. Now that is something that no one else probably thought of.

He was off in a daze thinking about her. "Captain focus! We need your help! What is your command?"

Renjo pondered on this. What would I do? I've never encountered rebellion before. Arg! This is so frustrating!

"Fiennes, you take command." Renjo finally responded.

She seemed confused, as if he did something stupid. In which case, it was. Renjo did do something stupid. He gave command to the last person he would ever give command to. Yeah that's mean. But its true and she knows it. She knows she can't pilot this ship. She tried once. Almost put the thing through a planet. But Renjo did anyway because he knew they would die. That's fact.

"Babe, are you sure? You know I cant pilot this ship. I give the crew commands. Not the ship." She worriedly said. Renjo gave her a look. A look of desperation.

"Fiennes, I know. But I'm desperate and you need to up your game with controlling a ship and you know it. Please."

She nodded. Renjo stood up, out if the captain's chair to allow her in. She took deep breaths, trying to calm her exitement, nervousness, fear, and frustration. Renjo stood aside. Ready to take command when he needed to.

"Crew on the ready?" Fiennes commandingly asked.

The crew responded with a short ready, one after another.

"Crew is ready." And after a long pause, she said, "Direct all remaining power to all weapons at the ships! When locked, fire!"

We were lucky that we had enough power to aim and fire any weapon.

Several blasts from our ship hit the rebellion ships right in the engine bays. Damage was done for sure. The engines became dysfunctional with smoke billowing out. Their ships too became like mine. Unfunctional and useless.

Whatever power was left in all the ships, it was given to the comms. The Rebellion rang in first. Renjo answered. They didn't know him, but he gave a rude introduction to them.

"What in the hell are you doing?! Blasting my ship to smithereens. How dare you! You dont even know me! I've done nothing to your faction. What beef do you have with me?"

A long pause came from the other end. Then they responded. "Listen, we didn't think we would ever do this, but, our faction sided with the Federation. After hundreds of galactic years being rebellious to them, we just broke our main rule of not being an ally to any facion. Why? I don't know. I think they offered a deal that we couldn't refuse. But they told us to find anyone who wasn't in the Federation, mainly neutral parties, and apprehend them. I was just following orders. I never wanted to cause issues with people I dont know."

Renjo sat for a minute, then asked, "What happened to Neo Earth? Was the news true? I thought the planet was supposed to be suitable for us."
The other end respond, sad. "It was the Federation. The news are true, but it wasn't sporadic. It was planned years in advance, and it was in years of development. How I know? I was there when they told me back when the Rebellion was just a mere embryo. Neo Earth was destroyed by a Federation super cruiser. Attached with a weapon capable of destroying planet's cores. Thats why I joined the Rebellion. Just to stay out of it. Turns out I was put in anyway."

Renjo slumped down on the floor, shocked. He could barely comprehend why the Federation could do such a thing. He sat speechless. Fiennes started talking. "Well, we need a new ship, no thanks to you. And you have the perfect two ships for disguise of getting into more space stations. And, although we did do damage to your engines, yours are able to be fixed. Ours is 500 meters away." The captain on the other ship seemed mad at that, but he agreed nonetheless.

Both ships docked onto whatever was left of the Bermuda. Renjo took anything he could out of his dorm, along with the crew going into their dorms to take their stuff. One of the other ship's crew did the same and went onto the other now crowded Rebellion ship.

Renjo had everything from the old ship to the new ship now called, The Aimox. Luckily Rebellion ships have a force field type of door on the docks. So he stood behind the purple hued field, staring into his old, now empty ship. Good memories was in that ship. Renjo released the latch of the locking mechanism. The Bermuda was now free. Although it looked attached, it wasn't. He took one of my legs and stuck it outside of the field, placed it on the open floor of the Bermuda. He kicked it away. Letting it float in the vastness of space. He shed tears. I'll miss that ship.

Now his new adventure begun.