Chapter 3: Broken

"Set a course to Ulmanium. We need to buy some supplies. Also, I want to look into buying some new hardpoints and internal systems." Renjo stated. Green, another crewman, set a course and they were off.

After they got into the Ulmanium system, they went to Yars Enterprise, a nice dodecahedron. Docking felt as if it took longer than usual, considering everyone was quiet from the events that happened previously. After the ship docked, Renjo got off and went to the parts shop.

The shop was run by a man named Grânn. He was of the Reginar race, mainly a race of black market trade. His physique looked real tough, brute, and he was large and looked like a humanoid frog with four arms and two legs.

Grânn recognized that Renjo walked up, but he never adverted his eyes from whatever he was fiddling with. He started to speak in his native tongue.

"Sytd wiga poi go-"

He barely looked up, and realized Renjo was human. Then he cleared his throat. He spoke in a thick accent, almost barely understandable.

"Ahh, a human. Excuse my tongue." He did a double take.

"Wait, I've seen you before, aren't you Captain Ferron? Old friend! How have you been?"

Renjo smiled. "Grânn! It's good to see you too! I've been-"

He cut Renjo short as he picked him up over the counter, lifted Renjo up and gave him an oversized bear hug.

"Good." Renjo managed to squeeze out.  set him down inside the shop and we walked to the back.

"What can I do for ya buddy? You have the option to buy anything you want at your price. Just as long as I get good profit." Grânn laughed hard enough to echo through the shop

Renjo replied, smiling and laughing a little, "Thank you Grânn. I'm actually looking for weapons and internal systems of a Rebellion class E-225 style B. You have anything for that? Just need a few upgrades."

Grânn looked at him funny, and changed his tone of voice. "You and I both know that is a rebellion ship. What happened to the Bermuda? Did you go rebellious? Don't tell me you did." He questioned with anxiety. Renjo patted his shoulder to try to reassure him.

"Of course not. I was attacked by two of the Rebellion morons. The Bermuda got shot in half. Had to take this. It's a good thing they were competent." He replied.

His body relaxed, and he sighed. "Ahh, that's good, that's good. Well, to answer your question, it is yes. I do have those parts. But, they are so rare I can't put down a price drop for you. Their guns sell for a huge profit. The minimum I could go is 400 credits. I'm sorry."

"No, don't be. It's not your fault. It's these damn factions. I only have 1000 credits. I'll buy what I can." Renjo said, getting the money out and handing it to him.

Three hours later Renjo came back to the ship, with four very large boxes, and seven smaller boxes. Grânn helped carry the larger boxes and helped mount the new guns and systems.

"Thank you for your help Grânn, I really appreci-" Renjo began before Yars started to shake uncontrollably. "Hey, what's going on?"

He looked around, and his face changed from kind and caring, to straight up military. Flat, mean, and stone cold. "It's the Federation. They've been trying to get rid of Yars. Looks like they're finally doing it. Quickly, board your ship and launch from your landing pad, but don't leave. Hover over the pad and ignore the fines. Wait for me." Grânn said as he ran back to his shop. I don't know what he's doing, but I hope its gonna work.

Yars rocked even more. Explosions surfaced inside the station, blowing up other landing pads and control centers. One blew up on the starboard side, close to Grânn's shop.

"Guys, load all of this up and get the ship hovering over the pad. We're gonna wait for Grânn." Renjo commanded.

My crew did so and we were now hovering over the landing pad, violating Yars code. Grânn soon came out of his shop and he was holding something big underneath a tarp. He set it down and the tarp was flung away. It was a weapon. A huge weapon. It was brought to my crew's attention, but Renjo focused his on the ship coming through the oxygen holding fields.

It was a Federation ship, but it was too big for the opening. Only a third of it got through before it got stuck. Or so it seemed. It kept pushing through, making cracks in Yars' hull and turning on alarms. Red lights circled everywhere, telling everyone to go.

Grânn pressed a button on the weapon and it started to glow brightly and the barrel began to spin.

Grânn began waving his arms to us, telling us to open the cargo bay door so he could get in. Darren flipped a switch and the doors opened up. Grânn got inside and Renjo flipped the switch back, closing the doors.

"Move away from that gun as far as possible. It's a plasma acceleratior merged with a rail gun. Mine own design." Grânn commanded. "Move!"

The crew immediately did so and we moved to the other side of Yars, which in this case, was up. As we were moving, the Federation cruiser kept trying to get in, making the cracks in Yars' hull go to the back. We were at the other end and we rotated aroud so we could see what was happening.

"Find an exit! We need to find a way to get out! Look for a crack that goes outside!" Fiennes shouted. The crew adverted their eyes from their screens and looked to the windows.

The cruiser kept going, and finally, a crack opened up to outside, to the left of us. Green found it, mostly because of all the dirt, dust, and oxygen flowing out. "There!" He said.

We began to make our way out, and Grânn's weapon finally fired. It was like slow motion. A blinding light came from above us, and it made it's way to the cruiser. Upon contact, the cruiser was engulfed by a ball of fire. By the time it exploded, we were already a good 5 kilometers away. When we turned around. We were able to see Yars blow up. It was a strange sight to see a dodecahedron explode. Each panel just flew away, in the same alignment as it was built. And they didn't shatter.

As we were gawking at the sight, facing the station, the crew became unlucky and one panel was heading towards them at great speed. Renjo saw it, and he began to say something, but was too late to react. It hit them head on. The front suffered heavy damage and the windshield started to crack as we were jettisoned backwards from the force of the panel. Everyone's eyes widened, and they all looked at each other. "HOLD ON TO SOMETHING DAMMIT!" Fiennes immediately said as the window broke open.