Chapter 10: Sykkuno - Always back your pictures to the Cloud

I'd never understood the metaphor that how pain feels like a fire being lit in that area.

     Until now.

     I yelped in pain, blood steadily gushing out from my leg where the wolf had cut it.

     I waved my hands in front of me, trying to hit the wolf away. My vision was starting to blur.

     Suddenly Rae was there, throttling the wolf and hurling it into the forest.

     "Sykkuno?" She turned to me, worry etched onto her face.

     "Yeah... I'm fine."

     In truth, I wasn't.

     Rae tore off a strap of her backpack and wrapped it around my wound, after cleaning it with water from her canteen.

     "Here, drink something."

     After a few sips, I was feeling better. I stood up slowly, trying not to put weight on the injured foot.

     I smiled sheepishly at Rae. "I guess you saved my life... thanks."

     "Well you did too..."

     "Hmm, does that mean I get to kiss you?"

     I watched, amused, as Rae's face turned a bright shade of red.

     "What the... no!"

     "I'm joking. C'mon, let's get back to the campsite."

     On walking back into the campsite we were greeted by a hilarious sight. Poki and Corpse were snuggling against each other inside one of the tents.

     "I have to get a picture of that, for blackmail," Rae laughed, and I laughed along with her.

     After taking a picture with both of our phones, and saving it to the Cloud just in case, I flopped into the other tent, exhausted.

     "Sykkuno?"

     "Mmmm?" I was barely awake enough to respond.

     "I'll stay up for a bit, if you don't mind."

     "Okay."

     Just before drifting off to sleep, I saw Rae draping a blanket over me, a smile on her face.