Chapter 12: Sykkuno - Cookies

"Hello everybody! Today we're going to attempt to speedrun Minecraft... by ourselves. We don't have Miyoung to carry us this time." I chuckled at the recollection.

     "What?" I glanced at my chat. "My camera isn't on? I'm sure it is..."

     I waved my hand around. Nothing.

     "Ugh... stream is cancelled, sorry guys! I'll be on here tomorrow if we get it fixed... bye."

     Rae had given me the webcam for my birthday and I'd been using it since. I guessed I'd have to ask her.

     I reached for my phone and dialed in her number. She picked up on the 5th ring.

     "Hullo?" She sounded tired.

     "You know that webcam you gave me?"

     "Yeah?"

     "It's broken."

     "Oh, no..." She yawned. "I don't want to... it takes quite a while to fix and I'm really tired."

     "I'll bake some cookies," I offered, not exactly serious.

     "Sure, I'd love that. I'll be there in ten minutes."

     "Wait, no..." She knew me too well.

     "Sykkuno, I expect perfectly baked cookies when I'm there."

     "You can't even bake cookies in ten minutes!"

     "Bye."

     I debated actually making cookies but decided against it.

     "Where are my cookies?" Rae shouted as she walked in.

     "They're still in the oven, ma'am."

     Rae sighed. "Whatever. Where's the webcam?"

     "At my desk."

     Rae walked over to my streaming room and opened the door.

     I'd forgotten to turn off my stream.

     "Hi guys," Rae shouted into the mic. Of course they wouldn't have known if she was there if she hadn't shouted.

     "Did you know Sykkuno once climbed a tree when he was 13? He fell off because he saw a spider and broke his arm."

     "What the- Rae, stop!"

     "And he got hospitalized for 3 weeks, or at least, he was supposed to. But then, he saw another spider right on the hospital bed!" Rae exclaimed gleefully, now tinkering with the camera.

     "Stop." I pulled the plug on the computer, effectively stopping the stream.

     "Hey, I didn't even get to tell about the part where you ran out of the bed, with nothing on but a hospital gown, and try to run to your house."

     "Please, it's bad enough when you say it out loud, but when you tell everybody on my stream..."

     Rae laughed, and I laughed along with her.

     "Here," Rae said, handing me the webcam. "One of the wires attached to the photoreceptor was disconnected."

     She yawned. "I'm so tired... can you drive me home?"

     "Sure."

     I grabbed her keys and went to the car. I opened the door, put the key in ignition, and turned.

     Nothing.

     From the passenger seat, I could see Rae frowning.

     I glanced at the dashboard. "You're out of fuel... what the heck?"

     "What about your car?"

     "Toast took it to refuel... how ironic." In spite of the situation, it was still humorous.

     "Wanna just crash over here for the night?" I asked.

     "Um... sure."

     As we walked back in, I could have sworn I saw a shadow move in the corner of my eye. I turned my head quickly, startling Rae.

     "What?"

     "Nothing, it's fine."

     Indeed, nothing was there.

     Hopefully.

________________________

Did you know I can see that 15% of you are from the Philippines?

BTW if anything seems really random, 99% of it will eventually be explained.