Happy Birthday Cater!

Cater was probably one of the last students who would wake you up, mostly because you weren't fine with it. He thought that perhaps the flashlight should do it and took a photo of you...then refused to remove it. This time, however, he placed his hand on your shoulder and began shaking you.
You muttered a 'stop' before getting out of bed. As you rubbed your sleepy eyes Cater stared at you with a smile on his face. For some reason that made you feel strange, you couldn't even explain why or what feeling it was, but it was there.
"Y/n~ What about we spend the whole day together~ ?" He suggested. The idea made you very happy since the man before you was usually busy. 
"I would love it!" You replied, jumping out of bed, he gave you a playful smile before leaving your room. 

As you put on your shirt, you wondered what came over him. Was today a special day ? The thought haunted you until you entered the hallway.
"C'mon Y/n! We have a lot to do today!" Cater exclaimed cheerfully, taking your hand in his and running with you towards the kitchen. Of course, you had to eat breakfast after all. The room was surprisingly empty, perhaps the weekend and the early hour were to blame for it.
"Do you perhaps want something sweet ?~ I was thinking of-" 
You interrupted him.
"Can we make something spicy ? I've eaten many sweets with Trey, but i'm not allowed to eat spicy things..."
Truth be told, you did eat something spicy once, when Riddle tried another recipe and put too much hot sauce in it. You didn't particularly enjoy it, but the real reason you said that was because you knew Cater would choose spicy things over sweet things any time. The feeling you had in the morning returned, now it felt more like sadness than anything else.
"All right then~" he said with slight relief, one he hoped you didn't recognize.

Before you started eating, you prepared yourself a glass of milk, on the excuse that you wanted to drink it in the morning. The plate before you had an normal-looking omelette, but you feared the spiciness it actually had.
Taking a bite made you realise...it wasn't actually spicy.
"I made yours much less spicier than mine, you are still so small after all~" he explained. You didn't say anything since you were sure that opening your mouth will result in a sigh.

Before Cater began eating as well, he took a photo of the food and, once again, began mentioning the hashtags.
"#breakfast, #cooked-by-me, #..." 
He stopped before saying another one, just typing quietly. That made you doubt something, today was truly an important day, only if you remembered why. 

Afterwards he took you to the light music club, that only after taking a few photos of you and himself with the roses in the background. The whole atmosphere made you forget it was actually January. Due to the delay, many students woke up, but for the first time, Cater did his best to  _avoid_  as many as he could. 

Once you entered the club room, he gave you a guitar, you could see it wasn't his own since it had a bat drawn on it. He also took his own guitar, to show you how to hold it, so it made it clear the one you were holding belonged to another member, most likely Lilia.
After being shown how to hold it, you tried to do so yourself, but your hands were too small, so you couldn't reach certain parts. Holding it was also very uncomfortable since the size didn't match the one you wanted.

He took a photo of you struggling to reach a fret on the object you were holding. You didn't complain, but you still showed him an annoyed face, signaling him not to post it. He chuckled and put his phone back in his pocket. 

You did try a few other instruments laying around, such as the piano, which was the only thing you could more or less play, or make some noise that wouldn't sound completely horrible.

"I'm going outside." You announced after a while, wishing to feel fresh air since the windows in the club room were all closed. You didn't want to open them there since the outside air was rather cold. The hallways, however, had many open windows and yet the temperature was acceptable, that was just how strange the whole school was.

You saw Trey and Lilia passing by, your caretaker had his lab coat on, most likely because he was headed towards the science club's room. He waved your hand once he saw you, but before you managed to answer, Lilia appeared, upside down as he used to. You hit your back against the door, surprised by his sudden appearance. The other third year seemed surprised himself, since his classmate was right next to him only a moment ago.
"What are you doing in front of the light music club's room, Y/n ? Perhaps Cater brought you here ?" He asked, you nodded in response. That made Trey, who managed to get near the two if you, sigh.
"He has rather peculiar preferences about spending his birthday~" the small man stated with a chuckle. Your eyes showed the fear and surprise, the disappointment you felt.
"He probably didn't tell you because he wanted to surprise you..." The man explained, making you remember nobody has actually told you about his birthday, not even Cater himself.
"That...does seem like something he would do..." you answered, already seeing him smile teasingly when he told you the truth.

You bid them farewell and returned to the club room.
"Vil has given me a great idea~" the birthday boy said as he closed his phone and ran towards you. "To the rooftop!" He announced in a cheerful voice. 

He ran ahead, without dragging you after him, so you had to make your way through the students going in and out of their own club rooms.

Once on the rooftop, you saw Cater trying to take a photo where he managed to show everyone how high up he was.
"This one actually turned out great~" he said, getting back into a normal standing pose. You almost felt your heart stop when you saw him leaning over the edges.
"We should take one together too, but first..." he didn't manage to type anything else since you put his phone down,forcing him to make eye contact with you.
"Cater..." you said "You should stop trying to be 'in trend' and just be the way you want to be...at least on your birthday..." 
His eyes grew wide when he heard those words, but then a warm smile took over his face.
"I guess...you are right...at least today..." 
You smiled back, but he soon turned around with a dramatically sad face.
"But that means someone spoiled my surprise!" He complained jokingly, making you giggle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When i imagine snow at NCR...i can also see the scene in Harry Potter where the students start a snowball fight...
Sebek would be hit first...in the face...by Ace...(either that or he dodges and the snowball hits Malleus).
And um...i hope i'll be back with an actual chapter before Azul's b-day but...nothing is sure haha...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~