The Beginnings

Trigger Warnings (TWs): Disturbing Images (possibly. It's only one), homophobia

Thinking looks like this

~Roman's POV~

I walked into the garden, frustrated. I ran my hand through my dark blond hair. Why must this be so complicated? Why must the whole marriage and love stuff be so lovely yet so complicated!? Why must everything be so complicated?

"Roman!? Is everything ok," I heard a familiar voice ask worriedly. I turned to face the person to whom the voice belongs to.

"Yeah. I'm ok Remus. I'm just tired of the arranged marriages. I get it's not supposed to be for love, but I'm not about to marry someone who's going to abuse me and their power! Or someone unfaithful! What if they're abusive!?" I began to pace. I wanted someone whom I could trust in my absence to rule as well as someone whom my people like and trusted as well.

~Remus' POV~

It upset me to see my brother like this. Underneath all the insults, inappropriate remarks, teasing and name-calling, I truly cared for him. I walked up to him and grabbed his shoulders to hold him still.

"I understand where you're saying. Just don't stress about it. I'm sure the person whom you'll love, care for, and cherish will come around eventually......wow. That sounded cheesy." I scrunched up my face, extremely aware of exactly how cheesy that was, and heard Roman giggle, which put a smile on my face.

"Come on. Dinner is about to be served. We can talk later to take your mind off of all of this nonsense so you don't stress out about it." We walked back into the castle and the dining hall, talking along the way.

~Janus' POV~

"VIRGIL! If you don't shut up I'll- I'll-" I struggled to come up with a decent threat.

"You'll what? Just shut up, you snake," Virgil said, rolling his eyes.

"I hate you....so much," I mumbled frustratedly. I heard Virgil laugh.

"Come on. Let's hurry up before we miss any gossip." I laughed. Despite being one who hated social interactions, Virgil loved to gossip. He was also very introverted, so it came as a surprise to newcomers when they found out about his love for gossip.

We walked down several flights of stairs before reaching the castle's kitchen. I was an usher. In other words, I escorted visitors into my masters' room. In my case, my master is the king and queen of my kingdom: Theoryn. Virgil was an alchemist and did art in his free time.

"Look who it is! Just in time for the gossip." Virgil couldn't help but smile and roll his eyes, taking a seat at the long table. We paid our attention to the person at the head of the table. I don't know his name. All I remember is that he likes coffee and the castle therapist. Yes. That exists.

The king and queen of my home kingdom were said to be the kindest and the fairest. They treated everyone like the human beings they were and sometimes would hold balls that only the staff of the castle were invited to. Of course, the royal family would be there too. I also had a weird desire to learn how to Waltz, but I never had the time and when I had days off, I normally slept through them or used them as self-care days. I'm weird. Get over it.

It was always so much fun until the princess started flirting with me. That always annoyed me. I was openly gay and she still flirted with me, thinking she could 'fix' me. Thankfully, the queen would notice my discomfort and tell her daughter off. They were also very accepting of those who would be considered "freaks". You know, the people who liked their gender or both genders. Those who didn't identify as any gender, those people. They weren't and aren't freaks. I was one of those people. I once had a teenage royalty crush. Yes. I was one of those people. I had fallen for Remus Creativo, the prince of Sherin.