Chapter 11: Distrusting Friends

Eret and Ranboo watched from the sidelines, as Phil and Ghostbur start reenacting Wilbur's death moment, for the third time.

"There- there was a reason why I built this nation, and it doesn't- it's gone forever now!" Ghostbur states dramatically, holding the totem of undying in his left hand.

Phil walks up the stairs towards the shrine, and goes with the script, "What are you doing?"

Ghostbur jumps at Phil's sudden appearance and tells him, "Oh, Phil! You know, there was a traitor part of L'Manberg, he- he had a line! It was never meant to be!"

Ghostbur presses a nearby button, which does absolutely nothing. Then he whisper-yells at Eret and Ranboo, "Say- say bang!!"

"Bang." Ranboo voiced out effortlessly.

Ghostbur then crouches, looks away, and yells, "Do it, Phil! Do it, kill me! Killza, Killza! Do it! Kill me!"

Phil, using the same diamond sword he used to end Wilbur's life, stabs Ghostbur.

But due to the totem, Ghostbur survived, but disappears.

Ranboo, Eret, and Phil stood there in silence.

"Did it... did it work?" Ranboo asks, unsure.

"I don't know. Where is he?" Eret looks around, so does Phil and Ranboo.

"Will?" Phil calls out, hoping for a response.

But only silence evaded the area.

"Did we... do something wrong?" Ranboo asks Eret, starting to get nervous.

"Everything should be correct, according to our research." Eret answers reassuringly.

"I don't get it." Phil gulps, facing back at Ranboo and Eret, slightly panicking, "We're in the right place, did the right reenacting, used the right things, and even used a totem! Why is Wilbur not here?!"

Ranboo's and Eret's then widened. Eret stutters, "U-um, Phil?"

"What?" Phil asks, confused.

"Behind you." Eret then points at behind Phil.

Phil looks behind, and his eyes widened as well.

Sitting and leaning on the wall of the shrine is an unconscious Wilbur. He's wearing his outcast coat and there are bloodstains on his chest.

"WILL!!" Phil runs towards him and kneels by his side.

Wilbur didn't wake up or respond. It's clear that he is alive and breathing, though.

"H-he's alive." Ranboo mumbled, semi-relieved that it worked.

"Guys, guys!" Someone walks up behind them. Tommy. "There's something we-"

Everyone turned his attention to Tommy as he froze, his eyes wide. "Wilbur...? Is he..."

Phil explains, "Tommy, we tried to resurrect Wilbur and I think it worked..."

Tommy steps closer and asks, "Why is he- why is he sleeping?"

"We don't know. He just appeared like this." Eret shrugged then asked, "Wait, Tommy, why did you come here?"

"Oh, yeah, uhhh..." Tommy suddenly remembered what he needs to tell them. "Listen, everyone has to gather near the prison ASAP."

"What? Why?" Ranboo asks, astonished.

Tommy grew slightly impatient and said, "Just go there, man. It's super important."

"So, wait, everyone as in literally everyone or just us?" Eret asks to make sure.