Last Practice

Aubreys POV

"Gather round debate team. Todays topic is friends over fun." Lillian said "Friendship should come before Personal issues and amusement." 

"I for one am opposition." I said glaring at her

"I'm government." Lillian said giving me a death glare.There was a spark in her eye, and that spark lit a fire. Everyone chose a side and it was a big debate back and forth.

"You can always make new friends you can't make a new you."

"You just seem so selfish and self-centered."

"It depends on the person. If it's something they did to stab them in the back subconsciously."

"Always put your friends and family first."

"Well you wouldn't have friends and family if there's no you." By the time it was over everyone was yelling at each other. I knew I was going to break down soon but I thought I had time. How to cover up a lie. I can't be seen crying, not again. I had to be angry.  I had to storm out of there as if I was mad. I mad my face look angry and stormed out of there as tears filled my eyes. I had no clue where I was going. I left school.I was in the parking lot and I couldn't see as the tears blurred out my vision and then, BAM!

Ben's POV

I forgot about mathlete practice because Nathan asked me to go get the group some Gatorade for practice. I was looking for a parking spot when there was this crazy lady running right in front of my car.

No don't over react. She was going to be fine, I barely hit her.

"Are you alright?" I asked getting out of the car to see a girl crying

"Go away." She said

"Are you crying?" I asked as there was no response. "C'mon lets get you up." I said trying to drag her to her feet. It was the Gabriella girl from the musical. I found a parking spot and I ran after her as she limped in tears around the school.

"Where are you going?" I asked her

"Leave me alone." She replied

"That's quite rude. Look, I'm sorry for hitting you with my car." I apologized thinking that was what she wanted.

"Dude. Stop. It doesn't matter." She said loudly sitting on a park bench

"I'm going to sit here." I said pointing to the space beside her on the bench. "So are you going to tell me why the star of the show is crying?"

"I don't cry." She said stubbornly while wiping away a tear

"Okay, you wanna tell me why the star of the show isn't crying?"I joked as she gave me a look as to say are you serious?

"It's because of that. I don't sing and my friend who has been singing since foever is my understudy. She now hated me." She smiled

"Why are you smiling?" I asked and she laughed as another tear rolled down her cheek

"It's my coping mechanism. If you ignore everything and put on a smile then people ignore you. And behind everything aren't people the real problems?" She asked in a rant "Wait, why are you talking to me? Your people don't talk to my people."

"Well I,"I didn't have an answer. I don't know why I was talking to her. "It's the least I can do after hitting you with my car and you ran off." 

"I'm sorry for running off. I don't want to cry in front of people." She explained

"Really, you were crying? I didn't notice." I said sarcastically

"So funny I almost forgot to laugh." She said in a monotoned voice. "Football practice is almost over. You might want to give those to you friends." She said pointing to the Gatorade.