Rise and shine

Authors POV

As the sun rose, so did the students. Lillian and Aubrey were on worse terms then ever. Lillian didn't regret a thing, she knew it should have been her part. She had been in vocal lessons since she could remember. She had heard Aubrey sing and she was good, but she knew she would crumble under the pressure. Lillian knew Aubrey, she wouldn't understand love because in Aubrey's words, she only has a crush on Pizza. At least she had a boyfriend. He seemed like the only person who could understand her sadness.

Aubrey didn't understand her friends hate towards her, she tried to make it better but always seemed to fail. After all that had happened in the past year she needed to cry, she couldn't though because it was a sign of weakness. After all it wasn't her fault she was chosen for Gabriella. She was excited to actually show a part of herself that she was too shy and self conscious to show. Plus, she knew if Ben was the lead then Nathan would be in the crowd. What if he liked her in the show? She couldn't stop thinking about it.

Waking up to a phone call from his girlfriend at 5 am wasn't his ideal routine, but Alex knew she was upset. He got ready by lazily throwing his clothes on. He knew Aubrey for a long time, since kindergarten actually, they had gotten 'married' to each other. He met Lillian in 9th grade when they both arrived at school. He knew that they would become friends again, unless they don't. He was still pretty unclear about the whole situation, but he knew his girlfriend needed him so he offered support.

He slept in a little to much, to the point where his roommate throwing pillows at him. Ben was up late last night, he enjoyed his time with Seana. He liked having a friend who didn't use him for his intelligence. He knew she liked him but he wasn't sure he felt the same so he tried to make her hate him by breaking the rules. He was pushed out of bed this morning, he knew if he wasn't on time Lily would throw a fit. He did not like Lily what so ever, but if he said anything she would cut him from the team.

After breakfast all the students headed onto the buses to get to the auditorium. The day officially begun. The buzzers going off, the shouting and arguing, the squeak of the white board markers, the whispers from the crowds, it all sounded like home. Debate team was crumbling due to the ongoing feud between the two most important members. In order to convince the judges that they were right they had to work together, which was something they were not in the mood for. The math team wasn't doing well either, Seana kept dozing off every now and then and Lily was getting upset at her for making a scene in front of other schools. Somehow both teams made it into the quarter finals. Mathletes needed to be in the top 20, debate needed to be in the top 12 in order to be included in the semi finals. They were ready for the afternoon competition. For these sort of fancy events they had to look nice, whether it's a suit and a dress, or a button up and a pencil skirt. The competition went along and became more silent from people thinking.

Bens POV

All I was really hoping for was to get into the semifinals tomorrow. I knew that we stood a chance, we were working on finding the slope of a line. Easy. I can't wait for the party tomorrow, I had to find a way to get Seana off my trail. It was something I couldn't get my mind off of. My thoughts were INTERRUPTED by the sound of a bell.

"Do we have a winner? Markers down." The judge said stopping the timer. The woman came over and looked over our work.

"Sorry hun, that's not correct." She said to Lily which definitely aggravated her. Then there was a buzzer to tell the two teams to continue. There was almost immediately another bell.

"Let's see, let's see." The woman said coming over to our team. She stopped for a moment infront of Seana.

"The answer is y=-3x+4!" The judge said grabbing Seanas hand and holding it high. "The winning equations goes to Seana Manford." 

We all congratulated Seana and then she came up to me as we were outside the hotel.

"Congrats Sea." I said not knowing what she wanted. I turned back around to head to my room. Out of no where she jumped onto me with her arms around my neck and kissed me. Nothing like this happens to me, ever. I've seen it happen to Nathan and Micheal, sometimes to Connor he was more of the 'golden boy'.

"Thanks." She said while catching a breath. At this point I was still holding her, we were in the hallway by my room. I mean, it's 12th grade and I'm a dude, what do you expect I was thinking.

"Did you wanna..." I trailed off

"Yeah." She replied with a smile. Great, she was thinking the same thing. I took her, still holding onto her ass, and held her against my door still kissing her.

"Shit." I said dropping my key card. I let go of her and bent down to get it and I lost my glasses.

"Hey man." Justin, my roommate, said.

"Hey." I replied. "Catch you later?" I asked Seana and she nodded and skipped off. 

Was I catching feelings for her?

 Not really.

 Do I like her?

 I don't know.

 Could she ruin my reputation?

 Possibly.

 Was she the dorkiest girl in school?

 Obviously.

 But do I like her?

 Potentially.

 Would I lose my friends if I dated her?

 Quite likely.

 Do I want to like her?

 Not a chance.

 Do I like her?

 Likely. 

Could I do worse?

 Maybe.

 Do I like her?

Sure.

Do I like other girls

Yes, of course.

Do I feel the need to sleep with her?

Not really, no.

Do I like her?

Absolutely!

Dammit.