Upcoming

Bens POV

I was up until 4:22 am practicing. I fell asleep with my script in one hand and my calculator in the other. 

"Benjamin, you're going to be late for school." Joshua said knocking on my door

"Shit!" I yelled grabbing some clothes and throwing some things into a bag. I ran to the car and drove though a drive though for breakfast. I drove as fast as possible to school. I was tired all day through school and I was surprised that I didn't fall asleep. The bell rang, finally for the end of the day. I was walking down the hallway as I felt like sleeping. I thought I heard someone calling my name.

"Ben! Benjamin Mckinnon! Listen to me!" Someone yelled I turned around. It was the same girl that was on the football team

"What do you want?" I asked with a yawn

"Hello? You're the lead in the musical. We can't start without the leads." She said

"Right. Okay." I said turning back towards the auditorium

"Yeah let's go. Anyways, have you seen Aubrey? No one's seen her since she left debate practice yesterday." She asked me

"No, I-. Haven't heard from her or seen her for a while." I said. We walked back to the auditorium.

"C'mon children, let's go!" Mr. Notten said

"What about Aubrey?" The girl asked

"What about me?" She asked already on stage

"Let's go from New Years Eve!" He said as I stepped up onto the stage

"Oh no, I can't sing. No, you go." I said reading the script

"Look, I don't sing. I can't sing. No, guys..." I read again. Then the music started for 'start of something new'.

"Living in my own world, didn't understand. That anything can happen, when you take a chance." I sang

"I never believed in What I couldn't see. I never opened my heart. To all the possibilities." She sang. By the end of the scene I was too tired to pay attention. Fortunately for me they were doing a scene I'm not in. I went to the very back of the auditorium and set an alarm for later in case I fell asleep. I later woke up to my alarm ringing and I quickly turned it off and paid attention to the scene that they couldn't make it through without laughing. I rolled my eyes and moved to studying. My friends were jealous of me because the teachers let everyone who was going away this weekend for the competition off the hook for homework. I looked out the door and saw the dark empty hallways. I wanted to leave and go to sleep so bad. Although I knew if I stayed up late tonight I would sleep on the bus and then be rested once we arrived at the venue. 

Aubreys POV

By the end of rehearsals I felt like I had lost my voice from singing over and over again. I walked back home after and checked my phone a few times. I definitely wasn't stalking Nathan on Instagram. I just happend to accidentally click on his profile. I than happend to look at his Snapchat story. It was a picture of him at Baskin Robins with Kennedy Roberts. That perfect popular girl, I wasn't jealous because I don't like him. Even if I did like him he doesn't know I exist. I've talked to him once, for a group project I did by myself in 6th grade. When I reached home I saw dinner was left on a plate for me, my mom had probably just left for the night shift.

"Mom?" My sister asked "Oh, it's just you."

"Wow, thanks. Shouldn't you be asleep?" I asked her

"No, I'm not tired." She refused

"Taeya..." I said

"Fine." She said storming back upstairs. Goodness, 7th graders. After I finished my cold meal I was headed up to my room when I saw I light in my sisters room. It was strange since it was passed 11.

"Taeya." I said opening her door as she hid her phone under her pillow. Why she got a phone in 7th grade was astonishing. I got mine last year in grade 11 when my mom realized I could go to other countries for debate club.

"Knock next time." She said pretending to be asleep

"Phone." I said holding out my hand. She grunted and handed it to me. The phone buzzed showing a message from Spencer.

"Who's Spencer?" I asked her

"No one, just someone in my class." She said

"A boy?" I asked her

"What does it matter? Anyways, I'm tired please leave." She said showing me the door. It was late and the bus left and 6 am so I needed to be there for 5:45 so I need to leave by 5. I looked at the clock, 1:26 am. Great. I fell asleep and woke up 2 hours later. I was surprised I woke up before my alarm. I grabbed my stuff and put it near the front door. I made pancakes for my sister my mom and I. I gave my sister her phone back and out it on her night stand. I pulled on a big sweater and some jeans and grabbed my laptop and my phone. I grabbed my small suitcase and my back pack and walked out the door. It was unsafe to be walking in the dark alone but no one was out this early in the morning. It was almost a 45 minute walk to school from my house but it was fine. I finally got to school and there was already a fair amount of people there already. Lillian still not talking to me. I threw my suitcase in the compartment under the bus and slid into an empty seat and felt like crying, I would have sat with Lillian but she still hated me. I don't even blame her for hating me. It was all my fault anyways, I took the part that was rightfully hers. I guess lot's of people heard about the silent feud going on between Lillian and I because they looked scared around me, like I would burst at any moment. The last person to get on was late because of all her bags. She had to sit beside me.

"Aubrey, long time no see. Well since you lost your temper and ran away." She said

"Nice to see you too Lily." I said trying to be nice.

"What's with the fake kindness?" She asked me

"What do you mean? I can be nice." I defended myself

"Haha, right." She laughed. This was going to be a fun 5 hours. Lily fell asleep after a bit and I started to fell heat rolling down from my eyes. It was liquid. No no no, they can't see me cry. I quickly wiped away the tears as more came rolling down my face. I covered my face with a blanket and decided to sleep. There were 14 people on the debate team and 12 on the mathletes team. There were 15 in Model UN and 10 in robotics, those two were on another bus. I had no clue what the sleeping arrangement was supposed to be so I was nervous for that. About halfway to the hotel we stopped for gas food and washrooms.

"Lillian, wait up!" I said running up to her

"Hi traitor." She said heading to the line for food

"Listen, I know what I did was wrong but you gotta understand I didn't mean too. I had no clue of my capabilities." I said truthfully.

"Okay, bitch." She said turning back away from me gripping Alex's arm.

"Alex, you have to believe me. I'm so sorry, I had no clue I would get the part of Gabriella." I said and he didn't reply

"Good luck finding a room to sleep in tonight." She said

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked

"You have to share a room with someone of the same gender. Who will want to share a room with a fucking traitor." She said coldly

"Lil, please." I begged

"Leave shithead." She said so I left the line. I headed back to the empty bus to practice the lines for the musical. I had recently watched the new high school musical the musical the series and I had the song All I want stuck in my head so I couldn't focus.