Chapter 5

Chapter- 5

I awoke to the smell of pancakes and the sounds of sizzling bacon. All of the blankets were wrapped in swirls around me in a giant mess regarding the fact that I lay in the very middle of the bed, Westley gone. My eyes drifted up to the skylight. The sky was filled with clouds, the sun light peeking through. I sat up, yawning and stretching. Standing, I noticed that I still wore the clothes I had on yesterday. Feeling disgusting, I searched for something clean to wear.

On the red lounge chair in the corner, sat a un-neatly folded blue dress with silver lacing. Grabbing the dress, I held it close to my body admiring it. The sleeves were white and had a bit of a puff to it and a long piece of the white fabric hung behind. The soft dresses hem touched the floor looking like a blooming flower. The neck line was rather low for my liking, way below my collar bone, but I had no other choice and other than that it was beautiful. I shut the bedroom door so I could change into my new clothes.

After I had gotten dressed and quickly did my hair, I slipped on a pair of silver flats that were at the foot of the bed near the door. Opening the door I heard voices speaking.

"Westley! You must listen to me! It is not safe for you to be here in Merditie because of Gorlax and everyone else. Everyday now, he's been ranting on and on about how he's going to find out more about your past and how you just appeared here after two years of your disappearance. The Elven's Authority pronounced you dead, Westley, dead. Everyone thought you were, some thought you ran off..." There was a pause. "And then you come back with— with a mortal, a human girl. People are confused!"

"Tadion, I— her name is Reina—" Westley began but got cut off.

"Pierce has escaped, Westley. There's no question about that. The Elven's Authority has checked and Pierce has gotten out of his... prison. He's crazy Westley, there's no way he can contain his curse. Westley, your brother's going to kill more people." There was another uneasily silence.

I decide to finally walk in to the small kitchen, trying not to step on the dress. Tadion sat on the cream colored couch holding a glass mug looking stern, his long blonde hair behind his back with braids wearing the same looking outfit the last time we met. A brown jacket and nearly black pants that were tucked into his tall boots. Westley, on the other hand, wore a black tshirt and black pants and was standing looking thoroughly irritated. His wings drooped to the oak floor behind him as if it were a tail.

"Morning Westley. Morning Tadion." Westly spun around, his eyes goggled when he saw me, his wings ruffled. Tadion lowered his cup.

"Blimey! You— you—" Westley blushed looking me up and down, "You look great. Do you like it?" He asked looking a bit nervous. "I bought it this morning." Tadion's mouth lay agape.

"Of course! It's lovely!" I answered beaming and spun around to give the whole effect. Westley smiled back then turned to face Tadion. I walked between them to sit on the only open seat were the sun light streamed through.

Tadion cleared his throat, "Well, I best be off, Westley." Tadion stood placing the cup on a side table. "I'll come back tomorrow morning, same time. And don't forget what I've said. Gooday Westley, gooday Reina." Tadion waved and left clutching his clipboard and quill.

Westley went back to the stove were he started cooking. "What are you making?" I asked heading over to the kitchen table.

Westley turned around and laid bacon, eggs, and pancakes in the middle of the table looking very pleased with himself. "I made what you mortals would eat for breakfast on Earth." He said smiling and took the seat across from me. "I made taincakes, brokens, and ergs." Westley said brow furrowing trying to pronounce each word correctly.