Chapter 8

Chapter- 8

Tadion's eyes grew wide. "Oh... Well, we can try. I mean it'll be hard. I have many rooms and really, there's no point in trying to find that door."

Westley frowned. "Okay well how many days do you have to look with us?"

Tadion thought for a few seconds. "Well, I don't know, as many days as I can...Uh Reina? You alright?" My mouth was open agape at how beautiful his house was, in just these two rooms I saw. The ceiling trim and floor was made out of ornate gold. He had a chandelier in the living area that twinkled from the diamonds hanging from the sides.

"Ta--Tadion. Are you... rich?" I asked touching the floor.

Tadion laughed. "You could say that."

"But your office was... uh, well frankly a mess."

Laughing again Tadion said, "Well yes, it is my office. I keep all my paper work there. Anyway, Gorlax gave me the room so, I'm lucky he hadn't given me worse."

I gawked at the beautiful engravings of ivy on the walls. "Reina, come, we have to find that bloody door." Westley yelled at me from down the hall. I ran back to them turning every so often to stare at Tadion's priceless things. We passed all sorts of doors, some were emerald green, some were made out of ruby's, some were even a plain rotted door that didn't even fit his house. Every one was different.

"Now," Tadion started as we got off of the second flight of stairs to look at some more doors. "what kind of door are we looking for?"

"What?" Westley asked as we passed a door filled with water and fish.

"Like is this door a door, or a door to a dresser, or to a desk?"

Westley stopped walking in front of a triangular door with black painted swirls. "I-- I never thought of that before. I mean it couldn't be anything else other than a door... The riddle didn't say anything like that."

"Westley, it's a riddle." I said placing my hand to my head. "And Leraura said you already know where this door would be! Why are we even here when Tadion hasn't even been through all the rooms here?" I said feeling stupid. Westley went silent.

"Reina has a point." Tadion said rubbing his hand on a fluffy door coated with white fur.

"I've been so stupid! Okay, okay, let me think. Where is a place I've been before, where I should already know where the door is..." Westley thought to himself pinching the bridge of his nose.

There was a few minuets of silence. "How about your old house Westley?" Tadion asked rubbing his arm.

"What?" Westley said looking back at Tadion.

"I know you don't like to talk about it but, what about the house you grew up in? Your parents house?" Tadion bit his lip.

Westley looked to the floor. "Well, I guess..."

"It's the most logical place Westley." Tadion said. "You were there. Pierce was there."

Westley looked excited. "Yeah! Yeah! Come on Reina, I'll show you the way!" Westley said pulling on my arm towards the stairs. Tadion also followed behind up until we got to the front door. "Thank you so much Tadion."

Tadion smiled. "I always told you that I was the smart one."

Westley laughed. "You are coming with us?" He asked.

Tadion looked back at a grandfather clock that was rimmed with gems. The time was 2:30. "I don't think so, Westley. I should head back to Elven's Authority. I think Durel is already suspicious... But I'll send Creamfluff to take my place. He's very helpful."