Chapter 30

You kept on running with Inumaki and Megumi. Running away from the curse behind you.

"Are you ok, Inumaki?" Megumi asks.

"Salmon." Inumaki says in response.

"It's coming!!" Noritoshi calls out.

The curse went to attack all four of you, but suddenly stopped when Inumaki called out to it using his cursed speech. The four of you stood there, prepared to fight the curse that was stood in front of you.

"White Lotus. Piercing Blood!!" Noritoshi calls out.

You send your phoenix towards the curse and it rains fire down on the curse though it subsides in mere matter of seconds. The two of you landing back near Megumi and Inumaki before Noritoshi spoke up.

"Hurry up. That will heal in no time." Noritoshi says.

Inumaki coughed before taking a cough sweet. All of you were trying to formulate the best way forward. The most likely of plans would be for Inumaki to stop while the other three attack and then distance themselves. You also needed to reach the other side of the "screen" that had been put up so you can regroup with the principal. You were all perched upon the roof before Megumi spoke up after his Nue was near him.

"Inumaki is going to stop it. You have nothing to fear." Megumi says.

"I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about all of your stamina and magic reserves." You say.

"Shouldn't you be worrying about the same thing?" Megumi says.

"Come to think of it, the principal did call you a host. What did that mean?" Noritoshi asks.

"Urgh I didn't think I'd have to explain this. I have a god inside me which can technically be considered a cursed spirit. There." You say.

You watched Megumi's face contort into one of surprise.

"You didn't know? She's your classmate and you didn't know?" Noritoshi says.

"In all fairness, I did disappear for a month or two." You explain.

The conversations die down before Megumi sends his Nue towards the curse. You act on instinct and send your phoenix in the same direction. Inumaki went to speak before he keeled over and started to cough up blood.

"Futsunushi. Can you heal Inumaki? Enough so he isn't coughing anymore?" You ask.

"Mhm. But it will heavily dip into your magic reserves." She says.

"Just do it." You say.

You place your hand on Inumaki's back and watch him tense up. After a couple seconds, he stopped coughing. He still couldn't use his cursed speech but at least he had stopped coughing. He had reached his limit and you were having to tap into your – no – Futsunushi's cursed energy in order to keep up with the curse in front of you. The curse smashed the tiles and managed to send Noritoshi back into Megumi. You narrowly dodging.

"Are you still alive, Kamo?!" Megumi asks.

You watched the curse eagerly. Trying to get a read on it. His roots spreading out everywhere. Inumaki placed his hand on Megumi's shoulder, causing him to tense up slightly. Inumkai then moved away and was about to speak up.

"Inumaki!! You're going overboard!!" You say.

"Blast off." Inumaki said, causing the curse to be sent flying across the roof.

Inumaki dropped down to his knees coughing up more blood. Then, out of nowhere Maki arrived. Standing over the curse with her sword drawn. You created your own out of your cursed technique and joined Maki. You both cut into the curse but it didn't go through all the way.

"The trees in it eyes are more fragile than the rest!" You call out.

The curse spoke out and said, "Now that katana is not bad." You scoffed at this statement before Maki spoke up.

"We've got something even better." She says.

It looked like a nunchuk.

"But using this... feels pretty disgusting, to be honest." Maki says.

Maki then called out her cursed technique.

"High-grade cursed tool: roaming cloud." Maki says.

The curse gets sent backwards yet again. Megumi called for his Jade Hound while you summoned your phoenix. Except Megumi's Jade Hound looked different. It was known as "Kon". The two familiars charged at the curse while it blocked the barrage of attacks. While the curse was distracted by the familiars, you and Maki snuck up behind it, aiming for the trees in its eyes.

The barrage of attacks continued on before...

"Maki! Y/N!" Megumi calls out.

You both jump back and prepare your swords again. You didn't want to admit that your fatigue was catching up to you but it sadly was. You ignored it and kept on fighting with Maki and Megumi.

"Please never make me use a three-section staff again!" Megumi calls out.

"They're useful once you get used..." Maki pauses.

You were both distracted. Casually talking and forgetting a curse stood before you. A plant/root came towards you and Megumi and buried itself within both of your stomachs.

"Megumi! Y/N!" Maki calls out.

You wiped the blood from your chin and stood there, perplexed. The curse tried to attack Maki but she moved her arm. It seemed as if the curse was aiming for her heart but it hit her arm instead.

"Maki!" You and Megumi call out.

You and Megumi then dropped down to your knees, holding your stomachs. Maki initially thought that he had destroyed the bud then settled on believing both of your cursed techniques ran out. That was until the curse spoke up.

"You better avoid using jujutsu. The bud I drove into both of you loves cursed energy. Its roots spread deeper the more you try to use techniques." The curse explains.

"Thanks for the advice!" You say, before coughing up more blood.

"But you'll still kill us anyway, right?" Megumi says.

"I've been told it works faster... after I explain it." The curse says.

Maki then starts attacking the curse with her staff while you attack with your sword. A hidden sword that you had. Even with the bud inside you, you still fought. Occasionally getting sent back a bit by the curse. Neither you nor Megumi wanted to be the first to fall.

"Futsunushi. Who's cursed technique is the bud affecting?" You ask.

"Yours. You can still use mine though I'll have to help you draw it out in short bursts so the bud doesn't grow deeper." She explains.

"That doesn't make this easier on me." You say.

Megumi noticed that your phoenix hadn't disappeared. So he asked you why.

"How come your phoenix is still here?" Megumi asks.

"Because she isn't made with my cursed energy. Its made with Futsunushi's." You say.

"Futsunushi?" Megumi and Maki say, confused.

"The curse within me?" You say.

"Makes sense." Maki says.

"Megumi. Stop it. Our work is done. We're switching players." Maki says.

You then walk around Maki and continue fighting the curse alongside Yuji and Todou who had recently arrived.

"Can you do it? Itadori, my friend?!" Todou asks.

"Yeah!" Yuji replies with enthusiasm.

꧁𝙱𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚑𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎, 𝚑𝚞𝚑? 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚖𝚎? 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚜 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝙸𝚗 𝙰𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 "𝙶𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚠."꧂