A Disastrous Beginning

The author of this story would like to thank fellow 'Totally Spies' writer jettmanas, who was kind enough to create some new artwork for this adventure.

******

High up in the cold, snow-covered peaks of the breath-taking Swiss Alps was a fortress. It was a well-built concrete structure, designed to act like some kind of bunker in the event of a global catastrophe, and was cleverly camouflaged in white paint in order to blend in with its snowy surroundings, making it look like a solid block of ice. If there had been any mountain climbers in the area at that moment, they would have been puzzled by the rectangular hatchway that began to slide open in the top of the structure. Through the hatchway, the nozzle of a large, cannon-like device emerged and took careful aim at the sun.

Inside the command centre of the fortified building, the notorious Dr Gelee was at the control panel of his new upgraded freeze ray, busying lining up the weapon so that the deadly ice beam would hit the sun dead on target.

"Excellent, everything is prepared," he said gleefully to himself. "Once my freeze ray cools down the sun, the entire Earth will be frozen solid in the process. Then when the entire human population is disposed of, I will reheat the sun and rebuild the Earth into my personal utopia!"

But as Gelee poised his eager finger over the red firing button, the main door suddenly burst open and three all-too familiar figures strode into the command room.

"Not so fast, Gelee!" said Clover defiantly.

"Yeah, your Earth-freezing days are over!" added Alex.

Shocked by this sudden intrusion, Gelee immediately leapt out of his chair. "What!? How did you girls find my lair so quickly?"

"WOOHP has been on the lookout for you ever since you broke out of jail last week," explained Sam with a smirk. "So when we discovered that pieces of expensive scientific equipment were being stolen in this particular area, it wasn't hard to put two and two together."

"Yeah, couldn't you come up with a more original scheme, Gelee?" asked Clover sarcastically. "I mean, the whole 'turning the Earth into a giant igloo' thing is like so cliché these days."

"We've already taken care of your henchmen downstairs," grinned Alex, "so why don't you do yourself a favour and surrender now?"

"Never!" screamed Gelee as he quickly moved in order to press the firing control. Reacting at once, Alex leapt forward and collided into him, knocking the scientific mastermind away from the firing button and into a significantly different set of buttons. Almost immediately, sparks of electricity began to dance about Gelee's machine and flames started to burst out on the control panel.

"You interfering brat, look what you've made me do!" exclaimed Gelee in a state of panic. "The whole system is overloading! In a few minutes this whole bunker will be reduced to a pile of ash!"