Geraldine's Island

Gabby, Carmen and Stella had at first been really annoyed at getting assigned to another mission immediately after only just completing their previous respective tasks. Not only did it mean they did not have a chance to catch a breather, but it also meant they could not drop in on the girls in Malibu to see how they were getting on. However, when they arrived at the Pacific Ocean and met up at the control tower of Geraldine's island, their irritation gave way to amazement at the scale of the place.

"Gracious me, this place is unbelievable!" breathed Carmen in awe as she and the other two mothers looked over the edge of the control room and gazed at the massive jungle landscape that lay out before them. "It's hard to believe this whole island is in fact a huge ocean barge."

"Yeah, you've got to hand it to Geraldine. She really put in a lot of effort getting this place built," said Britney who was busy at the computer terminal, inspecting the security scanners and checking through the logs for any information on other hidden bases that Geraldine might be using.

It was really because of the size and nature of the place that the barge had not already been dismantled by WOOHP. So instead, various personnel had been assigned to dismantle any known weapons and defences, as well as removing dangerous fauna such as mutant man-eating plants, with the intention of converting the barge into a nature reserve. At the moment though, the barge was deserted, except for the four spies who had based themselves in the tower. The idea was that if Geraldine did indeed plan to recapture her hideout, she would more likely strike if she thought the place was abandoned. The spies had therefore decided to use the barge as bait in the small hope that Geraldine would be lured in, whereupon they would capture her. It was a bit of a long shot, but in the absence of any other leads, it was the best plan they could come up with.

"I can't believe that this Husk woman would be so foolish to come here again," remarked Stella, plonking herself onto a rather comfortable chair by one of the various monitor screens. "Surely she must realise that this would be the first place WOOHP would expect her to go."

"Well, this is her island," pointed out Gabby. "She may have a concealed entrance somewhere, plus a number of hidden traps and surprises set for any of her enemies, which would enable her to retake the place. So we all better be vigilant."

"I just wish the girls were here too," said Carmen earnestly. "They have much more experience in dealing with this woman than we do."

"I never appreciated before just how much hard work they have to put into this job," added Stella. "Having to go through each week with dreadful people like the Ringmaster and his gang must be exhausting. I don't know how they manage to handle it all!"

"It's just something you get used to over time," said Britney encouragingly. "As you become more experienced with each mission, you find it isn't always so tense and difficult."

"Maybe," said Gabby, "but we really ought to show the girls a bit more appreciation for everything they've done over the years, especially after all they've been through lately."

Before anyone could say anything else, one of the security monitor screens abruptly went switched off. Reacting quickly, Britney checked the system to trace the fault.

"Uh-oh, this doesn't look good," she said seriously. "The security camera for Section 3 has just gone down."