Chapter 22

•••

•••

N/A: Since this is my birthday, I decided to post two chapter today. Enjoy!

"Oh, wait!" Sungyong stood up. He seemed to remember something. He's the guy who follows us last time!"

Miyoung frowned at what he said. Suho already met them? How? When? Why? But Miyoung didn't have the time to wonder further as Suho rushed to Sungyong to attack him. Miyoung gasped, standing up, shocked. Suho never liked to be violent, even less in front of Miyoung, but right now, he didn't care. He was out of control. He was mad, angry, furious. He just wanted to avenge Miyoung. He wanted to make those guys pay.

Suho kept punching Sungyong. The others tried to push him away but failed. Soon after, Seojun stormed into the karaoke cabin too. He removed his bag, dodged some guys of the gang, punched one and pulled Suho off Sungyong. Seojun looked a second to Miyoung and saw the terror in her eyes. Anger rose and he turned and punched Sungyong in the face.

Suho rushed at Miyoung's side and stood in front of her, protecting her and shielding her. He punched and fought every guy who went near her. Miyoung was standing transfixed. Since the moment she met Sungyong an hour ago, she tried to keep her cool and not panic. But when you keep everything to yourself, it will only explode later. Miyoung was feeling dizzy. Her sight was blurry as the constant buzzing in her ear wouldn't stop. Her breath was wheezing and her body trembling. All of that was too sudden.

The front door burst opened. Miyoung was ten. She was hidden behind a door, watching her father stumbling into the living room completely drunk. Her mother came in, seeming worried.

"Where were you? You drank again?" Mrs Gim said. Miyoung's father, Mr Moon, only laughed.

"I was just," he hiccuped. "Out with some friends... Stop getting on my back like that," he hiccuped again. He walked past her toward the sofa.

"If you keep coming late like that, you'll wake up Miyoung. Try to be an example for your daughter," Mrs Gim said. But it put Mr Moon on the edge. He stood up from the couch and harshly grabbed Mrs Gim's face in his. She tried to break free but he tightened his grip.

"Miyoung,"

"What did you say?" he coldly asked. "I was having fun. Don't ruin anything. Who cares if I'm a good example for Miyoung? I wanted a boy anyway,"

"Don't you dare say such things about my daughter!" Mrs Gim harshly said.

But he hit her across the face. Mrs Gim fell back. Miyoung gasped, shocked. But it wasn't the first time she was seeing such things.

Mr Moon turned to her.

"Yah! Why are you listening, you brat!" he angrily shouted.