sixteen : 𝗌𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗁𝗂𝗋𝖾.

𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐄

𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐄.
"you look beautiful." jisoo smiled at rosé from the vanity, cheeks dusted pink with blush as she paused from braiding jennie's hair. jennie looked over from the mirror and her mouth fell open, too.

lisa smiled excitedly and clapped her hands together, eyes sparkling with the reflection of rosé in her periwinkle dress.

"you look like cinderella," lisa gushed, making rosé smile shyly.
"but prettier."

"oh please. you silly goose. go change already! we're all waiting for you!!" rosé laughed, and watched fondly as lisa remarked, "okaaay!" and ran off childishly into the changing stall with her seafoam green dress.

"this place is absolutely amazing, isn't it? i can't believe it's real." rosé wandered over to the older two and admired their reflections in the mirror, fingers softly fumbling with her sapphire necklace.

jennie smiled. "yeah, it sure is."

"okay, all done!" jisoo finished tying jennie's ribbon and securing her braids, and patted her shoulders, indicating her to stand up.

"thanks, ji. it looks so so pretty," jennie said, admiring her extravagant hairdo as she stood, making way for rosé to sit down.

she fixed her poofy marigold dress around her hips, and huffed as some dust and specs of glitter rosé into the air.

jisoo, who was the first to change, had already helped jennie apply makeup and jewelry. it seemed she would also be busy helping the others.

so jennie wandered upstairs, gloved hands slowly winding up the handrails beside her, and approached the crowded shelves that entered her view.

a nostalgic melody began playing suddenly from upstairs. rosé opened her eyes, and jisoo's hand, which had been applying glitter to her lids, lifted away from her cheek.

they both looked towards the staircase.

"sorry, i found an old cd and cd player and i was just curious!!" jennie yelled assuringly. "i can turn it off if-"

"no!! it's fine!" rosé yelled back, honey voice echoing through the tall room.

"i quite like this melody," rosé added, softly.
"me too," jisoo replied, although she wasn't sure if rosé intended for her to answer.

once lisa finally finished changing, and jisoo finished doing her makeup, the four of them entered the ballroom once again.

an hour or two must have passed since their impulsive decision to play "dress-up." it was a nice distraction for sure, and they almost lost themselves in their imaginations again. but what was the harm in pretending?

rosé wondered this. she was having fun, though.
a lot of fun. it was fun pretending. she understood, now, why children played dress-up and "pretend."

"my lady," lisa started, bowing as her mint chocolate bangs swept elegantly across her forehead.

she took rosé's hand and kissed it, playful eyes twinkling under the luminescent glow of the chandeliers.

"would you like to dance?"

it was quite nice to pretend.