Chapter 21: Graceful as A Lonely Swan

Chaeyoung

I walked to the beach and saw her. She stood there near the seashore, a slight breeze ruffled her stained dress, moving loose strands of hair about her face.

I smiled and strode closer. I wrapped my arms around her waist, feeling her little flinch. I caressed her arms and rested my chin on her shoulder. "Aren't you cold?" I mumbled.

She glanced to her side and when our eyes met, she smiled. A soft, pure smile. She averted her gaze back to the ocean and leaned against me, sinking into my embrace. "Not anymore" She breathed out, holding my hand that wrapped around her.

I hummed and held her chin, turning her head to face me. Leaning closer, I placed a warm kiss against her cold lips. Lightly swept my tongue between her lips, soothing her with small warmth. I gazed at her elegant features. I had never been this close to her and was simply spellbinding by this approximately no distance between us. I had never realized what I had been missing. Her eyes were closed. Her perfect skin that looked so fragile yet so soft and the unerring amount of mole around her features. Cheeks the colour of pink roses and eyelashes mirroring the wings of a butterfly flutter against mine.

I blinked, disregarding the thought. Pulling away from the kiss, I booped her nose, "Is that enough heat?"

In a moment she was cast in crimson, bathed in a rosy glow. I was mesmerised once more. She chuckled, "Perfect"

The sun bloomed on the horizon. Far out to sea, streams of pulsing light saturated the surface with a golden haze. The horizon seemed to be stitched with a line of silver. We stayed and admired the beauty of the rising sun, laminating us with its warmth.

"Cut!" Shouted the director, "We are done for today, that's a wrap" A few staff came running to us with a blanket. I thanked them and took it, putting it around Mina. I reached over her hands and walked closer to the set, greeting the directors and all the staff.