Chapter 59: Minatozaki Sana

Tzuyu

Seoul, South Korea

The trip took two long days, as expected every second filled with worry. Returning home felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders. I had to see her, to know she was okay. Yet, as I stepped into the room, my relief was short-lived. Dahyun sat on the couch, her expression troubled, mirroring the concern that gnawed at my own heart. "Where's Ms. Minatozaki?" I asked, scanning the room for any sign of her.

"She suddenly started vomiting and then fainted," Dahyun explained, her voice laced with worry. "These past two days, since you left for Japan, she's been having trouble sleeping."

My frown deepened. "But you're a doctor, can't you tell me what's wrong with her?"

Dahyun shook her head. "I'm a doctor, but not her doctor. I don't have access to her medical records. Besides, she doesn't consider us her guardians and refuses any medical assistance from me. Only she knows what's really going on."

"Have you tried contacting Mina?" I suggested.

"I was going to, but she insisted I wait," Dahyun replied, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

"Even if she told you not to, you should still inform Mina. She's her legal guardian," I insisted, feeling frustrated by the lack of action.

"You have to respect the patient's wishes," Dahyun countered, her tone firm.

"She's not your patient," I retorted, my patience wearing out. "I'll contact Mina myself." I reached for my phone, ready to dial Mina's number, when a voice behind me stopped me in my tracks.

"I'm fine," she said, approaching with her nurse pushing her wheelchair. I turned to see her, relief flooding through me at the sight of her safe and sound. Aside from her pale complexion, she appeared to be in a good condition. Maybe it was unnecessary to worry that much. "What's all this fuss about? The doctor said it's just a side effect of my medication. There's no need to make a big deal out of it

There was no need to worry indeed; she was as talkative and irritating as ever as the day progressed. From my position on the couch, I observed them, Dahyun and her, engrossed in their own little world. "Aren't you heading home, Dahyun?" I interrupted, trying to draw her attention away.

"I think I'll stick around for a bit," she replied casually.

"Didn't you mention being busy?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I have a free day today," she brushed me off and returned to their activity. I craned my neck to see what they were up to and found them immersed in a small canvas.

As though they were the only ones in the room, I was completely ignored, again. As if I cared. With a sigh, I retrieved my laptop and attempted to focus on work, but their giggles and laughter was distracting. Frustrated, I slammed my laptop shut, the noise finally capturing their attention. Rising from my seat, I approached Dahyun. "Back in Japan, Momo experienced excruciating stomach pains. Doesn't that concern you?" I asked pointedly.

"Why are you telling me this just now?!" she grunted, immediately stood up. She bowed apologetically to Ms Minatozaki before hastily making her exit.

"Is Ms. Momo okay?" Ms. Minatozaki asked as door clicked shut.

I arched an eyebrow, my gaze meeting hers. "Why do you ask? Hoping for something to happen to her so you can swoop in and steal Dahyun away?"