Chapter 41: Darling, Honey, Sweetheart Part 2-(2) Goodnight, Love

Mina

"It's your birthday. Why do you look unhappy?"

I gazed up at Sana and gently shook my head, "I'm not a kid anymore, unnie. Birthdays are just like any other day for me." The sun's radiant beams illuminated the milky-white blossoms of the cherry tree outside. I decided to open the window, allowing a gentle breeze to caress my skin.

Shortly after, Happy made its timely entrance. I continued to peel apples for the bird and cut them into small, bite-sized pieces. Happy was a blue Parakeet, and I couldn't recall when, how, or why it had started visiting regularly. I had noticed its presence when Sana casually mentioned a "friend" named Happy who would keep her company. At first, I was puzzled by this "friend" until I realized it was, in fact, a bird.

 At first, I was puzzled by this "friend" until I realized it was, in fact, a bird

Happy had never ventured inside the room but preferred to perch on the windowsill. Occasionally, it would bring nuts or leaves as offerings. Most of the time, the bird would bring cash which was quite worrisome, I suspected it was Sana who taught the bird to do so. When I asked Sana, she just laughed it off as a prank. At first, Happy hadn't taken kindly to me, but over time, with some effort and a touch of bribery, we had managed to build a rapport. As I gently caressed its head, Happy leaned into my touch, showing its growing affection.

"It's not just any day, Mina. Birthdays are special," Sana countered, her disapproval laced in her tone. She then casted a sulky glance at Happy, And you Happy, since Mina is here, you don't like me anymore, do you?"

In response, the bird suddenly took flight, disappearing for a few minutes before returning with nuts in its beak. It flew into the room, deposited the nuts into Sana's awaiting hand, and then retreated to its customary spot on the windowsill. Sana smiled while I couldn't believe what I just saw. They——shared a unique bond, didn't they?

Sana proceeded to crack the nuts open and continued, "Mina, when will you stop celebrating your birthday alone and start sharing it with someone else instead of a sick person? You're quite the catch with your beauty—haven't you caught anyone's eye? Look at me, at least I have Happy."

"I have Ray," I refuted.

Sana scoffed, "That doesn't count. Ray can't bring you cash. You should find someone like Happy."

I chuckled at her comment. "That's quite a controversial statement, unnie."

Sana grinned playfully, "Money is the most important thing. Find someone who's rich and marry them. You might live a miserable life, but at least your stomach will be full."

I shook my head, smiling at her perspective, "What are you saying unnie. I don't have time for that nor I want it. I'm happy with the way things are now. All I need is you, unnie,"