||~Chapter 1~||

Note: These may switch from third person character to first person character or                   simply just third person.
            If they die, they respawn as ghosts in this AU

Tommy's POV

Tommy and Tubbo walked in the Overworld. They were both bored, having done nothing in the entire day.

Tommy spotted Dream go through the Nether Portal. That gave him an idea, "I have an idea Tubbo," Tommy said smiling.

"I don't like the tone of your voice Tommy."

"C'mon Tubbo! It'll be funny!"

Tommy raced to the portal to follow Dream. A small little prank won't hurt, right? Tubbo raced after him, unsure of what Tommy had planned for. Tommy tried to keep Dream in sight, yet making sure Dream didn't see him.

"Tommy," Tubbo hissed, "What are we doing!?"

"We're just gonna play a prank on Dream, chill!"

"I'm not sure."

"Fine then, I'll do it!"

Dream was mining gold at the edge of a lava pool. Of course, Tommy didn't know that. He slowly snuck his way towards Dream to scare him. Dream was just about to finish mining the gold when Tommy jumped and scared him.

Dream yelped and lost his balance, falling into the lava pool. Tommy watched in horror as Dream disappeared into the lava.

Dream tried to swim in lava.

"TOMMY WHAT DID YOU DO!?"

"I-I didn't think that would happen Tubbo, I-"

"DIDN'T THINK?! DIDN'T THINK!? YOU POSSIBLY DIDN'T THINK THAT THERE WOULD BE LAVA HERE TOMMY!? FOR GODS SAKE WERE SURROUNDED BY IT!"

Tommy just stood there. He had just killed Dream. Someone who has been there and helped him when no one else would.

George's POV

Dream tried to swim in lava

It wasn't possible, right? It couldn't be true. Dream couldn't possibly be dead? This must of been a glitch or something?!

George stood there in shock. Tears stung his eyes. He flowers he had gotten for Dream fell from his right hand. In his left, was a friendship ring. It was gold with a small emerald attached in the center.

He held back a sob. His friend was as good as gone.

George crumbled to the floor, and screamed.

"WHY HIM!? WHY HIM!? WHY, WHY WHY!?"

"George!?"

George looked up and faced Sapnap. He too looked as if he was crying, "You-you saw it too, right?"

George nodded.

Then, Sapnap banged on the wall. George didn't stop him, he just sat there, tears falling from his eyes.

***

George looked at the gravestone that Techno had made for Dream. Sure, Techno and Dream were enemies, but since Techno saw that Dream had died, he couldn't help but feel sad.

George stared at the gravestone

Here lies Dream
A friend to some, enemy to another
But no matter what, he cared for all

Why did he have to die? Why so soon!? George cried again. He couldn't help it. His best friend had died. They've been there for one another since they were 10. They were inseparable.

Bad, Skeppy, Tubbo, Sapnap, Techno, and Ghostbur were there was well. Tommy however, stood next to a tree, starring at the ground.

"This is all my fault," mumble Tommy.

"What was that Tommy?" said Techno.

"IT'S MY FAULT OK!?"

"What do you mean 'your fault?"

"I-I played a prank on Dream in the Nether-he lost his balance and...fell into the lava."

George starred at Tommy, "So it was your fault that Dream died!?" Anger boiled inside George. Tommy has to pay.

George willed a sword to his hand and charged at Tommy. He didn't get far, Sapnap tackled him to the ground, making him loose his grip on the sword, "LET ME GO SAPNAP!"

"I'M NOT GOING TO GEORGE, YOU CAN'T HURT HIM!"

"HE KILLED DREAM! TOMMY DESERVES IT!"

Sapnap held George back, George trying to fight him off until he gave in.

"This doesn't mean that I forgive you Tommy, and I NEVER will."

*time skip*

No one's POV

A week had past since Dream's death. George hasn't left his house since.

"Hey George!" Ghostbur said.

George jumped, "Oh, hi Ghostbur. You scared me."

"Sorry. Uhm, I know it's been hard since "the incident," but I have something that I had forgotten to give to you."

Ghostbur handed George a compass, "It's labeled as 'Your Dream.' It sort of works like Tommy's and Tubbo's compasses. Thought, since Dream died, it won't point you into his direction."

"Oh, oh my god...t-thank you Ghostbur! It's lovely."

"Your welcome George! I have to go, bye!"

George watched as Ghostbur left, then turned his attention to the compass. His heart stopped.

The compass, it was moving. But, Dream died. How was that possible? Did he come back, as a ghost like Ghostbur? Or did he manage to survive and it may have just been a glitch when it said he died?

George shoved the compass in his pocket. He didn't want to believe that Dream was really here. He didn't want to feel more pain that he already felt. He didn't want to look at the compass, just keep it with him.

Maybe it as time to move on. Dream wasn't coming back as far as George new.

Or at least, George thought Dream wasn't coming back....

New story! Yay! This chapter was short for a reason, that reason,

laziness

-apple

Word Count: 876