the beginning

Maya was glad that Riley did not have to go to London she did not know what she would have done without her best friend. This thought had been overwhelming her so much over the last few weeks when she got home she could not help but to breakdown into tears. She tries so hard to act tough it was nice to actually let out the emotion. 

"Maya" Shawn called "We are going to have dinner at Cors house to celebrate" He saw the petite girl crying and hugged her "it's ok they aren't going anywhere" and continued hugging her as she let the emotion run through her. Maya loved that about Shawn he always just knew how she was feeling without her having to say anything.

she carefully wiggled out of the embrace feeling calmer now. she smiled up as Shawn "I guess I should get ready now because my best friend is here to stay" she laughed

"that's right kiddo, now hurry up we are leaving in 15" he shut the door behind him as he left, once again leaving Maya with her thoughts as she got ready to leave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they walked into the house Maya went directly to her best friend and hugged her. "I still can't believe you almost were going to move to Londen"

Riley laughed "I know it feels like such a weight lifted knowing we don't have to move, we still have to conquer high school together"

"Hell yeah we do, then the world"  Maya retorts they laugh as Lucas walks in with his goofy Ranger Rick smile.

"looks like your stuck with us riles" he smiles at Maya like its some inside joke. They all laughed, Maya and Lucas's relationship had felt so strained since the triangle she found it nice that their relationship seems to be returning back to "normal". Slowly all their friends showed up and they all just talked and enjoyed each others company the rest of the night. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas hugged Maya goodbye, as Lucas turned to Riley Maya everted her eyes expecting him to give Riley a goodnight kiss that never came. Riley looked shocked and looked up at Lucas confused "Arnt you going to kiss me" she chucked trying to act casual in front of Maya.

Lucas looked sheepish "Umm... honestly I was not sure, we broke up and we have not really talked about it yet"

Riley looked hurt "well I'm still here aren't I? why would we not stay together I didn't think we had to talk about it" she looked down at the ground, Maya wishes she could sink into said ground feeling awkward for her two best friends. 

Lucas looked a Riley "I guess your right sorry I just didn't want to pressure you into anything and so much as happened today" he leaned down and gave her a quick kiss "goodnight Riley" he said while staring into her eyes. Riley smiled as he walked away.

Maya decided to spend the night at Riley's so they could spend more time together. Maya was brushing her hair when Riley came back from the bathroom, sighing happily at she plops on the bed next to Maya. Maya smiled down at Riley "someone is all loved up"

Riley giggled "how could I not I have the best boyfriend in the world, I think I love him" Maya could not help but feel a bit jealous at this. The closest thing Maya had to love is Josh and even then he is busy with university and even so they are nowhere near dating, though she is happy to call him a friend and he is always there to give her advice and help her with her math homework. Maya pushed this feeling to the back of her mind as she and Riley got lost in conversation, speaking until their eyes betrayed them and they drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riley and Maya slept well into the afternoon only waking up when Cory started playing loud music while making sandwiches. The two girls groaned as they walked into the kitchen, Cory smiled at the girls as he offered them sandwiches "well good afternoon good to see you have chosen to finally join us" Cory turns to Maya "Shawn told me to tell you after lunch him and your mum want you home"

Maya was confused why they wanted her home so early when Maya stays at Riley's well into the night sometimes. Maya tried to stay calm she did not want her anxiety to show to Riley she has done so well to hide it from her and her friends for so many years she did not need them to discover her messed up brain now.  the only people that know about her anxiety is her parents, Cory who saw it in her school records and Josh from when he helped her before a big maths test and she had an anxiety attack. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maya left Rileys rather quickly after Lunch the anticipation was too much for her and knew if she waited too long she would be set off. When she got home her parents were sitting on the couch laughing. When they saw Maya they smiled and motioned for her to sit down.  Maya felt more at ease seeing how relaxed her parents were. "We have something we need to tell you," her mum said gleefully. "as you know we have been trying for a little while, and today I went to the doctor to confirm and it's official baby girl you are going to be a big sister" Maya smiled wider than she has in her whole life she was going to be a big sister. She hugged them both congratulating them. Katey smiled at Maya "We just have to ask you not to tell your friends just yet particularly Riley, we want to wait until the 12-week mark to tell all our friends just in case anything happens. Maya frowned a bit at this though she didn't care for now she was going to celebrate and try not to let the anxiety get to her.

They had pizza for dinner to celebrate, Katey and Shawn talked about moving to a bigger apartment when the baby arrived while Maya sat blissfully imaging what it will be like to have a younger brother or sister. either way, it is going to be awsome