Ch. 16- The Power

Kari

" He already has the power." I sfaid quietly.

" No my daughter. I saved that lovely event to share with you and your friends." Darkness looked at me with a smile.

" Im not your daughter." I looked at him angry.

" You hurt my feelings. Who cares. Soon you'll be dead." He grasped the scoll.

" Your not going to hurt her." Jack stepped in front of me. Darkness laughed.

" Ok. You'll die first." He said the ancient words. The words that transfers the power in the scoll to the person holding it.

" I dont care if you have all the power in the world. You wont hurt my friends." I moved away from Jack and toward darkness.

" Im afraid theres nothing you can do." Ky pushed me out of the way and darkness lifted his hand.

" No!" I jumped in front of him and raised my own hand. Light came from my hand. Ky and darkness ran out. When it eventually stopped. I fell. I woken on the floor of the dojo. I was surrounded by all my friends.

" I think she's dead." I heard jerry say.

" Dont be stupid. She is definitely dead." Milton said back.

" Stop. Your going to make jack cry." Rudy started laughing as did milton and jerry.

" She cant be dead. Shes the first one after kim that i felt this way about. She's amazing and beautiful. I wish i could tell her that. I would give anything to have one more minute with her." I could hear him take a deep breath in. I opened my eyes.

" Dont stop. Its just getting good." I said with a smile. He looked at me then scooped me up in his arms.

" Dont ever do that again." He smiled at me.

" Oh so i guess you have a crush on me." I laughed and he blushed. " As for the rest of you. How dare you laugh at my almost death." I stared at them. They looked guilty. I went and hugged them all. " I love you guys." We all joined in a group hug. Glad to have each other. " So i know i lied to you. So I'll leave." I got up and headed for the door.

" Wait. We still need one more student. Want to stay?" Rudy said as I turned around.

" Yes!" I ran to hug them again. It was all over for now. And i was glad.
Two weeks later.

I was battling with milton in the dojo. Jack came up to me with a pinic basket.

" Jack Bewer. What are you doing with a pinic basket?" I asked.

" Take you on a date." He replied.

" Really?" We havent been on a real date yet. So i was surprised.

" No." He opened the basket and threw a water ballon at me. I was wet.

" How dare you!" He was laughing. Then i was getting pelted with wet hard water ballons. Milton, Jerry, and Rudy were also hitting me with them. " No fair I'm defenseless." I was laughing and trying to hide behide a punching dummy. Jack ran up beside me and started throwing at the rest. I grabbed some too and started throwing. This is my family. This is me. Kate Smith.