Chapter 2

Rayne's head was pounding as she opened her eyes to a room that she didn't recognize. Panic washed over her as she had forgotten what had happen for a moment before remembering that she had been taken somewhere other than her own home. The room that she was much bigger than the living room at her grandmother's house. The curtains were pulled over the windows to keep the light out, which she was very thankful for at the moment. The bed she was laying on was very comfortable, and many paintings hung around the room.

"The witch is finally awake," she heard from the corner of the room. She looked over to see Niklaus sitting in a chair in the corner, watching her. "I have only one question for you. How did you go unnoticed?"

She looked at him confused, not understanding what he was asking. "I... I don't know. I don't know what you mean."

Anger quickly appeared on his face as he stood from the chair. "Don't lie to me girl. I know of all witches in New Orleans. How have you kept yourself unnoticed?" He asked her, yelling this time.

"I don't know," she yelled back, a surge of power that she had never felt before coming from her. She winced, holding her head as the pain increased.

Niklaus looked at the girl in shock. She clearly didn't know what she had just done, neither did he, to be honest, but she had also yelled back at him. He noticed that she was in pain, the wreck must have done more damage than they had initially thought. He moved closer to her and bit into his wrist, drawing blood before he held it out to her. "Drink, it will heal whatever is causing your pain."

She looked at the blood coming from his wrist in disgust and shook her head. Niklaus growled in frustration before forcing his wrist into her mouth, making her drink his blood. She kept trying to push him away, but he was of course much stronger than her. She finally swallowed the blood as she was unable to breathe. She could feel the pain begin to slowly disappear as well as her lip begin to heal.

"Someone will be up with food sometime soon," he told her as he left the room, locking the door behind him.

Rayne sighed as she knew that she was stuck in this place. She wasn't even quite sure where she was. She climbed out of the bed and went over to the window where she peaked through the curtains, looking outside. The window that she was at was facing the wood line. The room must be towards the back of the house because she was unable to even see a road that led away from the house. She heard her phone begin to ring and started to check her pocket, only to realize that it wasn't in the room with her. They had taken in and it sounded as if it was stored just outside of the bedroom door. She grumbled as she returned to the bed and sat down on it, trying to rack her brain of what she knew about the Mikaelson family.

They were the original vampires, created by their mother because of the death of her youngest son. One of the men is a hybrid between a vampire and a werewolf, the only one of his kind because of his inability to successfully create more. The rest of the siblings were just vampires, one of them having more of a connection to witches then the others due to being more involved in his others practice before being turned. Maybe that was what they wanted with her. Maybe it had something to do with her being so different from other witches.

She was deep in thought when Kol had came into the room with a plate of food in his hands. When she didn't say anything to him and come out of her dazed look, he spoke up to get her attention. "I never got your name," he told her as he sat the plate down on the nightstand.

Rayne jumped slightly as she looked up at him. "Oh... Um... My name is Rayne. Rayne Lambert as your brother had said."

Kol nodded as he sat in a chair near the bed. "Go on and eat. I just want to get to know you."

She looked over at the plate of food that he had brought to her which looked very appetizing. She took the plate off the stand and begun to eat. As she did, she felt him watching her. He was silent for a while, allowing her to eat before he started questioning her.

"How are you different?" He asks her as her had finished her food.

"I can't do magic like others can," she tells him with as sigh as she sat the plate back down. "I have to be holding on to someone or something that has a magical connection."

"So, you're a syphon," Kol sums up for her. She was surprised that he knew the word for it.

"Yes," she told him. Then it clicked. "You were the one that practiced when you were human."

Kol nodded with a smirk. "So, you do know of our stories. Do you know why you are here?"

She shook her head. "No, but I hope I'm not here too long. I still need to make funeral arrangements for my grandmother."

Kol's eyes fells slightly, remembering that they had taken her right after finding out of her grandmother's passing. "I don't believe Klaus will allow you to go in time to do that, but I will see what I can do to take you to get that done." He tells her, thinking that he would be fine to take her to do this so her presence wouldn't be missed.

"Why am I here?" She finally asks him.

Kol looked at her for a moment, wondering if she would be ready for what he was about to tell her. "My brother wants to use you as a weapon. He has felt you power, it is stronger than any other that we have came across. If you answer his questions and remain truthful, he will not harm you. Stand your ground and do not back down, he will not make you do things that you do not wish to do. Show him that you are indeed strong."

She looked down as she felt as if she had already lost that battle. "He forced me to drink his blood when I did not want to."

Kol's eyes darkened and he seemed to be at conflict of what to tell her. "Our blood can be used to heal. But it can also become addictive if you have it too frequently. I'm sure he did it because you were hurt." She watched him for a moment, confused as to what was going on within him. He stood and collected the plate and silverware. "I will talk with Klaus about me taking you to take care of things." He didn't give her time to say anything else as he quickly left the room, the door locking once again as it closed behind him.

So many new questioned rose within her as he had left. The biggest question was why he had told her that their blood could become addictive. It wasn't something that she planned to have a lot of. She once again became lost in her thoughts as the many questions ran through her mind.