Finding the Fireflies

I was awoken to hearing people call out to each other from far.

I got up and couldn't find Ellie. Or Joel.

"Aw shit." I put my jacket on and head out, as I saw Joel and people on him, trying to drag him.
I ran to them and tackled the one in front of Joel.
"Get off of him you fuckers!"
"Logan?" Joel saw that i was there.
"Where's Ellie?" I asked him worried for her safety.
"I don't know."
My worry turned into anger as I grabbed the guy I tackled and Joel grabbed the guy behind him.
"I'm gonna fuck you up! Let me go!" They were shouting nonsense but we took them to the closest house we found and tied them up facing away from each other, in different parts of the room.
"Now you fuckers better tell me where the girl is." I punched the guy in the chair.
"What girl? I don't know any girl."
I took out the butterfly knife out and stabbed him right above his kneecap.
"Now listen here. If you don't tell me where she is, I'll break off your kneecap."
"Okay, okay! She's David's newest pet."
"Where?!" I pushed the knife deeper.
"Logan look at what I found." Joel handed me a map.
I took the knife out and put it in the guys mouth.
"Mark it on this map, and it better be the same place your friend over there points to."
He marked it with the blood of the knife and I grabbed the knife back.
"Joel."
Joel strangled the guy in the chair, as I walked up to his friend that was tied to a old heater in the wall.
"What the fuck man? He told you what he wanted."
"That's alright, I believe him."
I grabbed the knife and cut his throat open.
"Joel, let's go." He looked shocked at me, as if he thought I didn't have it in me to do something like this.

--Time Skip--

We found another town, but the snow made it hard to see.
After walking for a while we saw a big building, on fire.
"Ellie." I ran into the building, and saw Ellie beating David with a machete multiple times in the face.
I ran up to her and grabbed her arms causing her to drop the knife.
"Get the fuck off me!" She shouted but I turned her around to face me.
"Ellie! It's just me." I put my hands on her cheek.
"Logan, he tried to..."
I pulled her into a hug, knowing what she was gonna say, just not wanting to hear it.
"It's okay baby, i'm here now."
She was crying into my jacket and I looked up to Joel with tears in my eyes.
"Alright I think we should go." Joel said, clearing his throat.
I grabbed Ellie's arm and helped her stand up and we walked out of there. Not wanting to ever come back.

--SUMMER--

It was a nice day out, there was a small breeze but it wasn't hot.

"Ellie. Ellie!" Joel called her as she was staring off into the distance.
"What?"
"See that?" He motioned to a sign.
"Hospital. We're close."
Ellie then followed us.
"Aw man, this would be a perfect day to just sit and play guitar." I said to Joel.
"One day kid, one day."
Ellie tapped my shoulder.
"Yeah whats up?"
"So, where do you want to go after this?"
"Well, I was thinking about going back to Jackson. But only if you go."
"Yeah." Ellie seemed preoccupied, but I knew she was thinking about David, and what happened.

As we kept walking down the street we found a tunnel, and it looked like it lead right to the hospital.
As we made our way down there we heard infected.

Taking them all out was a real challenge this time around, there were a bunch of clickers and 3 fucking bloaters.

We had to cross what was a raging river. Stepping on the crashed busses and cars.

I jumped on to a bus but I fell through a window. Ellie tried to grab me.
"Ellie, what are you doing?"
"Trying to save you!"
The bus tipped over, causing all three of us to go under. I saw Ellie passed out in the water so I grabbed her and brought her to dry land.
"No, Ellie!" I started doing CPR on her.
Chest compressions and mouth to mouth.
"No, Ellie, please don't leave me."
A few soldiers spotted us.
"Put your hands up!"
"She isn't breathing." I kept going, ignoring the soldiers.
"I said stop!" They hit Joel with the end of their gun, and then me, knocking us out cold.