Chapter Three - Skylnn

The actor's popularity is evanescent; applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. 

The party was very drab, although, I seemed to be the center of attention, and it all started when I grabbed that first flute of Martinelli's. That is when I, for some odd reason I will never know, caught the attention of one girl. She was a tall blonde, wearing red glossy lipstick and a short and simple black and white Hervè Lèrger cocktail dress. The dress reminded me of James Bond, something a female version of him would wear while she was undercover at a party. Back to the point, she decided to be brave and actually socialize. 

"Hello there, I'm Calista, and you are?" she trilled, as if she'd been practicing that line for weeks. 

"Skylnn Earnhardt, it's a pleasure to meet you." I reply swiftly, in a composed and sophisticated tone. "What do you do in your free time, Calista?" 

"I'm an aspiring movie director, actually. And what about you?" she replies with a smirk.  

And that was how the evening continued. One girl approaches me and the conversation repeats itself again. Eventually, a majority of the contestants had approached me and a crowd had formed. The girls who had not approached hesitated for obvious reasons. There was a small group of girls going crazy in one corner of the rooftop; it was around five strong. Those girls seemed to be the party maniacs. There were another five scattered around the rooftop, obviously either too shy or much too fearful if messing up. By the end of the evening, I had met twenty-one of the contestants. And none stood out as suspicious, as possible candidates for being the Perpetrator. But, there were still ten girls I have yet to meet.  

The evening ended with fireworks exactly at midnight on New Years. Then, we were dismissed back to our living quarters, and the rooftops emptied, every girl going to her respective elevator and eventually back down to their bedrooms. Skylnn ended up watching, but she sure as hell was about to play this game like an oblivious dumb ass.  

But hey, having girls play the game that way certainly doesn't hurt her