Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The moment she woke up, she knew she was being watched. Holding her breath, she remained in the bed that was too soft to be her own. With a sinking heart, her head wrapped around the notion that she almost drowned to death, had a self-proclaimed mate, and atop of that she was probably in her savior's house.

"Is fainting in the arms of another male a hobby of yours?"

Popping a few sore parts of her body, she sat up on the bed to see her mate leaning against the wall across from her, in a fresh white shirt and dark suit pants, giving off a different vibe from yesterday's haunted and drenched features.

His thick eyebrows slanted softly above his piercing hazel-green eyes, eyes that were shaped more like a fox than a wolf, and she couldn't help but notice that everything in his features were sharp. From the tips of his eyes tilted upwards, to thin lips and razor-edged jaws, his gaze was unsettling and daunting as ever, and his ink black hair cut clean above his brows did nothing to soften the look.

She looked down to her new attire- a baby blue nightdress, another article of cloth that she most definitely did not own along with the pink lacy one.

"I ought to know- as your mate of course- if you're going to run around with other males while you bear my mark on your neck. And to be clear, I'm never saving you from drowning again, so try not to get yourself killed in the future."

The memories of last night steadily filled in the gaps of her drowning and clearly being saved by the Alpha. Despite appreciating the man for saving her, her patience were running thin with his insistent claims of being mates.

"If you keep being ridiculous, I might just." She muttered as his frame tensed with her words. He continued nonetheless.

"Keep up that attitude Lady, right now, I'm this close to drowning you myself."

Her mouth dropped in disbelief.

"Uh- well excuse me-"

"You must be chronically insane or just attempting to be incredibly annoying, which you are- if you're wondering- doing a superb job by the way-" He rambled on, gesturing in a genuine manner that convinced her he was seriously considering she was a maniac.

She snapped.

"Look, perro." Her eyes narrowed.

"I'm really thankful that you saved me and-" She spread her arms to her dress for emphasis, "everything, but for the millionth time, I don't know who you are, where I am, and how I came here."

"So for the love of Luna, if you say that we've mated one more time-" her voice faded at the end but the threat was clear.

The man straightened as if uncomfortable, his eyes wavering as a troubled look flashed upon his features.

A few moments of silence fell after that, and the male started to massage his neck as he paced unnervingly across the floor. He whipped to her after deafening minutes, and she flinched at the sudden attention.

"Did you really lose your memories?" he murmured uncertainly, and inquired genuinely, "You truly don't remember anything of our marriage?"

Marriage?!

The prince scoffed as his bright emerald eyes caught the sunlight, and she slowly looked around to appreciate the grand suite she was placed in, catching the grand bathroom on the side, sofas and armchairs placed on a rug that looked like it was worth a few grands.