Chapter 11

Chapter 11

When she ran it through her head, it was a great idea.

Despite her shaky voice, she had confidence this would be the best answer given the circumstances.

She still held onto that confidence.

Maybe not.

From what she could collect, the most ideal answer would have been to say that Lady Rosaline pushed her into the lagoon, lake- whatever. But that would have resulted in a beheading, which if you thought, was quite cruel compared to the threatening words Lady Rosaline had thrown her way a few days back.

She didn't like the bitch but she didn't want her killed.

Then there was the easy way out by saying truthfully that she didn't know. But that would have led her nowhere and she was certain of severe backlash from the lu Pavel Pack, in the form of an argument saying she was inadequate for the Crown.

So she thought, if no one knew what really happened that night, she could turn this in her favor. By saying it was an attempted suicide, Lady Rosaline's head would be safe, her mate would be a mere spectator in all of this, and the lu Pavel Pack would hopefully have pity on her and stand back.

Well, keyword being hopeful.

The atmosphere dropped a few degrees just as the words left her, and panic settled as she sensed the lu Pavel Pack turning dark and hostile. She risked a glance at Lord Alexander and his Beta Christian and breathed in relief when only confusion and worry splayed their features.

With newfound confidence, she unsuccessfully went to elaborate her cause when Lady Rosaline decided she hadn't gotten enough spotlight.

Chester, who was introduced as the Royal Beta a few days back by Trenton, held Lady Rosaline's body to support her weight as shouts erupted within the ba Ruslan Pack. The majority of the rest gaped dreadfully at the Lady who fainted.

The sight of the Royal Beta shielding Lady Rosaline with his body reminded her of the way he looked at her when they were first introduced. A look of disdain and a lack of trust. She sighed. It would take a long time before she could convince them she did not share the same ambitions the lu Pavel had.

Her heart soared when the Prince's scorching gaze landed on hers shortly after her statement but stuttered in disappointment when he moved back to stand by Lady Rosaline's fallen form. He gently parted the Lady's auburn hair and to her surprise, proceeded to pull her in his arms with abundant care.

She turned her back to him after that.

Don't be petty. He's your mate, but he doesn't care for you like that. Right now, he thinks of you as his enemy.

She involuntarily looked to where Lord Alexander was, and to put it shortly, his claws were drawing blood as he kept his arms crossed and molten black took place in his usual cerulean orbs. A hand tightly gripped his shoulders to keep the furious lord back. Her eyes flitted to Christian but he looked no less dangerous as Alexander had. (at the prince's actions)

"If you will excuse us to take the Lady back to her chambers, your Majesty." The Prince continued breezily as if nothing bothered him, "I think our matters are finished here."

She never knew that King Trenton had his heart for another woman. History books didn't tell you that.

"You are further splitting the crevices between the lu Pavel and ba Ruslan Pack, Prince Trenton. I hope you know your consequences with this, as a man who will become King." The Queen Mother who was no short to furious with the Prince's act did not hesitate to condemn him.