Titan

Jean was on a rooftop looking out on the city, now swarming with titans. It had been three days since Marco's death. It was the first time he had bothered to get out of bed. He was watching yet another comrade sacrifice their life for mankind.

He looked away.

Off in the distance, he saw Eren transform into his titan with a blood curdling roar. Immediately, all the nearby titans were drawn to him. Jean sat down and closed his eyes for a minute.

If I die here, I won't care. I will see Marco again. Marco.. Marco..
Abruptly, a titan appeared and stood in front of the building. Jean quickly stood up and went for his blades. Why wasn't this titan attracted to Eren?!

"Mmnmnm..."

Jean stared at the titan frozen with fear. Did that titan just moan?

"J... Jean."

It spoke. It knew his name.

"It...it's me." The titan began to cry.

"What the he-" Jean stopped and held back tears.

The titan had freckles.

(Authors Note: I was thinking about ending the chapter here. You're welcome.)

Jean came closer to the titan as he was suddenly unafraid of the titan.

"M-Marco?" He walked to the edge of the roof. "It can't be..."

The titan's eyes closed and brushed tears down its cheeks. It collapsed to its knees with a gush of wind and steam coming from its flesh.

Jean felt a lump in his throat form. He flew down to the ground behind the titan.

Threw the sizzle of the burning flesh, he could hear the grunts and struggles as if someone was pulling a heavy box up a hill. Slowly a figure emerged from the neck.

It was Marco.

~~~