In the Stillness

Tears gently rolled down Jean's cheeks and landed silently on the wood planks of the floor. His head was too heavy to look up, and he forced himself to stare down at his feet. His knees felt like rusty hinges that were about to snap completely.

"Marco, I-"

"Shhh... quiet now." He grazed Jean's cheek with the back of his fingers. His hand, slipping behind Jean's ear, was warm and reassuring. With a silent breath, he continued. "I still love you."

Jean reached up and put his own hand on Marco's. Tears came more freely as he smiled apologetically. His sobbing began to become more and more painful. A lump formed in throat, almost prohibiting him from breathing. Marco pulled him into his arms and guided Jean's head into his chest. Jean could not hold back the tears any longer.

"Oh god.... Marco... I'm SO SORRY!! I treated you so shitty!!" He sobbed louder and louder.

"Hey, hey, hey! Shh.... it's ok.... its ok. I'm not gonna leave you. Ok?" He gently lifted Jean's chin to his own and kissed him. The tears lightened up as he more firmly held Marco. Yet, they still came. The other initiates were still sleeping behind them, so Marco decided to take Jean away from here. He was in a different area, but there were still people around.

"Hey, uh, Jean?"

"Mmm..?" He kept his head in Marco's chest.

"Do you wanna get outta here?" He couldn't help but smirk at the unintended sexuality of his statement.

"Y-yeah. That sounds nice." He put his arm around Marco's shoulders and sniffled as he wiped away his tears. Marco's hand slipped above Jean's hips. They had no idea where they were going. But as long as they were with each other, it didn't really matter to them.

~

The moonlight was casting a ghostly blue and gray light on the sharp edges of the tree line and clouds. The clouds were thin, yet thick enough to vary the saturation of a grayscale rainbow. Not a breeze nor wind was blowing. All was silent, except the distant chirp of crickets below them. With feet dangled over the edge, Jean and Marco sat hand in hand on the top of the wall, taking in the essences of romance and nature's little gifts.

"Wow... It's so perfect." Marco broke the silence.

"Yeah, it really is." Jean had never really stopped to take in the beauty of the world. He only looked at the evil and impure things about it. Marco... Marco had made all the difference by opening up doors to the outside. He smiled and snuggled into Marco's chest.

"Aww." Marco wrapped his arms around him as he kissed his forehead.

Jean bit his lip and smiled.

"I love you, Marco."

"I love you too, Jean."

"Hey, babe?"

"Yeah?" Marco stroked Jean's cheek with his fingertips.

"Can we just live here on the wall forever? Right here... right now... forever...?" Jean stared up lovingly into Marco's eyes.

"I don't see why not."

They chuckled together and kissed. Marco laid down as Jean pulled himself beside him. They entangled their arms around each other and kissed each other over and over and over and over.

"Good night, Marco-senpai."

"Good night, Jean-senpai."

~~~