Advice 11: Read the Word

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12-13‬ ‭

The word of God is alive and powerful. One way to get closer to God is to read his word. It is so vital that we are reading his word because if we're not taking it seriously, we could easily fall into sin. One way the holy spirit convicts us is through the Bible. When you're hardly reading it, you won't be reminded of how terrible sin is for us and might fall into it. When you're hardly reading the Bible, you won't be able to discern when you're being told a false gospel. There are many false preachers out here just to deceive and you need to make sure you can point them out. The only way you'll be able to do that is if you're reading the Bible. Also be in the word so that you can share it with people. We're not all called to be teachers, but we are all called to share the gospel as followers of Christ. If it's hard for you, I recommend using the Bible app and following a devotion plan. I recommend listening along with an audio book. You can even watch YouTube video explanations of bible topics, if you prefer that. Also this app called Read Scripture, I hardly use it but I've heard it's good.

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:15-16‬ ‭‬‬

God knows what you're going through. Jesus was in our shoes too before. He's been through temptation, and pain, so if there's anything bothering you or any sin/battle you're fighting right now please pray to him. He will help you. Also Dm me if you need to talk or need prayers. God bless you ❤️