Advice 2: How to be saved

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8-9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Steps to being saved:

1. Confess and believe that Jesus is Lord

if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:9-10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

2. Ask God for forgiveness

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
‭‭I John‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

***Accept Gods forgiveness "if any man be in Christ he is a new creation." (2 Corinthians 5:17). I know it's hard and you'll feel guilty for you old sins but Jesus loves you so much and wants to forgive you.***

3. Repent (turn away from your sin)

"Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:38‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

After that you have to develop a relationship with God by praying and reading your bible. I recommend starting from the gospels (maybe John). Ask God for understanding as you read the Bible.

Jesus says if you love me, obey my commands. (John 14:15) We have Jesus to give us the power to stay away l from sin. On our own we cannot do it. The enemy will tempt you but you have to keep praying everyday that God will give you strength.

But why are things this way?

After Adam and Eve sinned we became separated from God because sin separates us from God. Man was not able to fulfill the law because we are imperfect. The Bible says we are sinful and deserve the wages of sin-death (Romans 6:23).But God is so loving and merciful that he sent his only son to die for us so that we will have everlasting life (John 3:16). In the Old Testament whenever they sinned they would have to sacrifice animals. But Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice. He is the way, the truth, and the life and no one can come to the father except through him. Through him we are saved (John 14.6).

So now we are saved by grace through faith, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9)