Advice 22: Not I but through Christ in me

I was reading this verse today and it reminded me that we should not boast about our works and also that we are able to withstand sin only because of Jesus. We shouldn't be self righteous because it is not by our power but by Christ is power in us. I understand it's so easy to fall into this as someone who has done the same thing in the past. We just have to remember that we are all still prune to sin and temptation without him. Even Jesus was tempted but through Christ in us we are able to withstand.

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

- Galatians 2:20

"His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." - ‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭1:3‬

[Christ] said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me... when I am weak, then I am strong.

- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

- Philippians 1:6