Chapter 3: Human

"WHAT??"
What..?
I pass the drink back to Michael and smile at Squip. "I prefer you like this. Ya know, not out to kill me and stuff." Michael blinked in awe. "Jeremy I love you but what the heck."
I have to agree with bathroom boi
I sigh and open the stall door. Michael and Squip walk out, Michael giving slight glares to Squip, causing him to hide in his hands a bit. "Now that you're human and can feel stuff, it feels wrong to like, kill you?" I say. Squip mutters something, but I couldn't tell what it was. "Did you say something?" I ask, causing him to flinch.
No, I did not
Hm. I could of sworn I heard him say something.
"But make a deal with me. Promise to not try to destroy an entire school this time? That means no more trying to drug teens? Got it?" He rolls his eyes
No promises
I sigh, looking over at Michael. He hangs up the phone and puts it back in his bag, the word "REINDS" still written on the bottom pocket. "Sorry my moms need me home, see you later?" He says with a smile, heading towards the exit. I nod and wave with a smile. He does the same before heading out.
That leaves me and Squip. "You know, for a computer who's designed like a human, you definitely don't act like one."
I am programmed to improve your life, not be you. Speaking of which, you have decided not to de-activate me. Last time, your goal was to 'Be More Chill'. We have successfully completed that goal. Do you have a new goal or wish to continue with your previous one?
To be completely honest, I didn't have a new goal. I didn't want to achieve anything at the moment. I just wanted Squip to stay.
Your new goal is to befriend me?
"Well...I suppose" I think about it for a bit longer before I get an idea. "I should teach you to be human!"
Jeremy, even though I now take solid form and appear human, I am still a computer
"But the blue Mountain Dew-"
Merely an update
"But you still take form of a human. You can't act like a computer or people will think you're weird.
A topic you should know lots about.
I cross my arms. Squip giggles to himself. I don't think I've ever heard him laugh before. It made me feel all fuzzy inside. Kind of like when Christine would rant about musicals she loved. Weird
I apologize. Is this your new goal?
"Sure. Could be fun I suppose"
Confirming goal...goal confirmed
"Let's start with the way you talk."
What's wrong with my choice of words?
"They don't sound like a teenager at all. You're going to have to go to collage with me later, so you're gonna need to fit in."
This is so complicated. I am supposed to be helping you
"Hey, this is my goal right? Isn't that why you're heere?" The Squip let's out a long breath, crossing his arms.
I suppose...
He looks up for the first time, smiling. His eyes still glowing a vibrant indigo. I feel my cheeks slowly heat up.
It is a bit hot in here. Let's find a cooler spot to sit.
"Good idea"