Chapter 12: Triangles are confusing

I wake up to a fluffy mount of teal hair next to me. The rest of his body was hidden under the sheets. I stroke his hair in an attempt to wake him up. "River, love, time to get up-"

JEREMIAH HEERE IF YOU EVEN TRY TO DISTURB MY SLEEP I WILL OFF YOU

...I guess that didn't work. I grab my pillow and begin hitting him with it.

"I NEED MY PANCAKES NOW GET UP YOU LAZY PEICE OF CRAP-"

He rolled his eyes with a playful smile. He reluctantly got up, kissing my cheek and headed down stairs. I lazily grab my phone from my nightstand. I blink to adjust to the brightness and open my eyes to see 10  messages from Michael:

Player 1: Hey uh Jeremy?

Player 1: Jere?

Player 1: Jeremyyyyyyy

Player 1: Heere u heere?

Player 1: Jeremy can we talk?

Player 1: Player 2 u there?

Player 1: Jere bearrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Player 1: Are you sleeping still?

Player 1: Well when you see this I actually have something I need to tell u...

Player 1: When you wake up, could you possibly meet me at the ice cream parlor? :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think about my plans for the day, responding with a simple 'Sure' and going down the stairs. The warm smells of maple soon fill my nose as I sit at the table.

Took you long enough

I roll my eyes and begin to shove pancakes in my mouth.

So...what are your plans for the day?

"Michael had invited me to get ice cream. I don't really know why but i always love spending time with my Player 1!" I say. I notice River's eyes widen, then turn to a resentful close. "Is something wrong?" I ask putting my fork down.

No. I just think I know why he wants you there...

"Oh really? What does he need?" He pauses.

I really think it's better if you go yourself...

I tilt my head in confusion, but go upstairs to change anyways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I ride my bike over to the parlor, River floating close above.

Turn here Jeremy

I park at a bike rack and head inside to find Michael sitting at a window booth, a strawberry sundae in hand. "Hey Micha!" I shout. He waves back, blushing slightly. Odd. I order my usual: chocolate with oreos and hot fudge. I walk over to the booth and sit across from him. "So...why did you wanna hang out today?" I ask taking a bite. "O-oh right.." Michael never stuttered.

Something has to be up. "Um...Jeremy we've been best friends for a r-really long time now..." "Yeah! 12 whole years!" I say excitedly. "Yes...and...well...for 4 of those years...I've liked you..." He stirs his spoon around in what is now strawberry soup. His cheeks were around the same color as the mixture. "L-like as in more than a friend." He finishes. My cheeks glow red. "I-I know you're in love with River but...I have to admit I'm jealous." He laughs awkwardly. "I mean...if you could love a computer more than me...I must be horrible. But then again I mean, River is perfect in every way. Perfect body, eyes, hair, personality. He's perfect for you but...I just wish I could be too..." He says. His eyes begin to water. "I should just go-" He gets up from his booth and runs toward the bathroom. Oh god. "Wait Michae-" "No it's fine Jeremy! Just go be with him! I only care about your happiness! And I know you won't get that from me! I just can't believe I thought for a minute that maybe...you felt the same about me..."

He slams the door. I look behind me to see the blue light that I was so used to seeing vanish. God, triangles are confusing.