Chapter 9: I'm heere

I felt Squip shift in his sleep. I run his arm in an attempt to calm him. He sits up frantically.

"I-is everything ok?" He lays back down, resting his head on my arm.

Just a harsh nightmare is all...

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Why would I want to do that?

"My mother always listened to my nightmares...it helped."

Squip remained silent. I've also noticed he does that when he knows i'm right.

"Hey...I'm here. I always will be. There's no getting ride of me at this point."

Squip giggles and nuzzles into my neck.

Well...it was about when I came back home after you deactivated me...

"Is that a trigger for you?" He shakes his shoulders.

Possibly...

I wrap him in a large blanket, like a computer burrito. He slowly reaches for the squirrel. I smile and pass it to him, to which he quickly grabs it. We fall back asleep, the silence so loud, but comfortable. Well...at least while it lasted.

Jeremy

I sigh, had finally got in a comfortable position. "Yes Squip?"

I...I can't sleep...

Hm, that's tough. I know how he feels. I suddenly get an idea. I grab my guitar from the side of my bed and pull Squip into my lap. I quickly tune it and strum a cord.

"You put all your faith in my dreams. Gave me the world that I wanted. What did I do to deserve you? I follow your steps with my feet, walk on the road that you started. I need to know that I heard you, every word. I've waited way to long to say, everything you mean to me. In case you don't live forever let me tell you now. I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around. In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth. I'm everything that I am because of you."

I strum the final cord, looking down at him. I hear small snoring and heavy breathing. I sigh as I move me and Squip back to our original spots on the bed. "Goodnight Squip. I love you."

River

"Hm?"

My...my name is River

I smile. "Goodnight River. I love you."

Love you too Jere-bear