Chapter 2- Questions

Lucy checked her face in her pocket mirror one more time before walking outside the bar, smirking at the sheer panic that was going on inside. The boss must've initiated some sort of lockdown, likely trying to find a way to get out before the cops came. Those fairies are good at what they do, though, so there really was no hope for him.

She closed her mirror and stuffed it into her purse, taking a deep breath before walking through the alley to her secret location. Just as expected, there was a black limousine with tinted windows waiting for her. She sighed as she felt her hands clam up, sweating nervously as she lifted a fist to knock.

After knocking on one of the windows, it rolled down to reveal a man with fiery red hair and sunglasses masking his eyes. "Did you get the job done?" He asked, his voice low and deep.

Lucy pulled a wallet of her purse and handed it to the man, watching as he counted the money in it before he smiled, revealing his sharp teeth. "Good girl. Come in." 

She walked around to the other side of the limo and got in, sitting as far from the man as she could. It didn't matter, though, because he scooted close to her and ran his hand down her arm. 

"You've been a good little Bunny today. Let me appreciate you…" He placed one hand over her exposed thigh, running it upwards until it was dangerously close to her core. Lucy tried to keep her composure, but once she felt his hot breath on her neck, she snapped. 

"Don't fucking touch me!" She snarled as she shoved him away from her, watching his face go from shock to anger. "You know I can't stand it when you touch me, Ignia!"

"You little bitch…" Ignia grabbed her thigh roughly before smacking her across the face, smearing parts of her makeup. "You're such a useless wife! All you're good for is being a whore!" 

Lucy groaned as she pulled out her pocket mirror again, examining her makeup. Some of her bruises were now visible, all the work she did to hide them completely ruined. "You asshole… look at what you did! I have a client tonight, now I'll be late trying to fix my face!" 

He pulled out his phone and typed something quickly before putting it back in his pocket. "There, I just canceled it for you. Why don't you show some gratitude?"

Lucy spat at him when began caressing her thigh again. "Fuck you. Touch me again and I'll shoot your fucking dick off." She whipped her own phone out and sent out a message. "I'm gonna set up a new client tonight. I want the money."

"You're such a fucking slut, you know that? You're so obsessed with fucking people for money. I bet you like being my prostitute, don't you?" 

Lucy ignored her "husband's" words, leaning against the car window and looking out onto the scenery as they drove further and further from the bar. She knew her intentions, the only reason why she put up with doing her makeup every night was because she'd take any chance she could to get out the house and away from this sorry excuse for a man. 

It wasn't like she was even having sex with any of her clients, but it didn't matter. She'd let Ignia think she was, whatever would make him back off. All that mattered to him was that she was bringing home money anyway, but if he was disgusted with her, there was a lower chance that he'd touch her.

-

Natsu shook the water out of his eyes, cutting off the faucet and taking a deep breath. He'd been pretty off tonight, it wasn't like him to let someone get away. Not only that, but he slacked off on his job to try and get some information on this woman, only to come up short. Gajeel and Gray are definitely gonna give him shit for this for weeks. 

He looked himself in the mirror, giving a mental speech to pull himself together. It sucks to miss out on a possible lead, but he needs to shake it off and stay focused from now on so this doesn't happen again.