Chapter 4- In Progress

Lucy sighed as she set down her phone and stretched her arms out. She was honestly surprised that he answered, not many people would pick up an unknown number at 9:30 am. He must've been hoping for her call, which would mean her plan is working…

She allowed herself to take in her little victory for a minute before rushing to her mirror. Making sure no marks were visible on her skin, Lucy deemed herself ready for his arrival. She'd gotten in a bit of trouble for coming home so late last night, but Ignia is out of town today, so she had the perfect opportunity to relax a little. 

And what better way to relax than to tease the sexy hunk of a man that is Natsu Dragneel?

There was a loud, frantic knock on the door, and Lucy knew it had to be him- no one else in the hotel would dare to even go near her room. She took one last look at herself in the mirror before answering the door, her smile sultry as she looked him up and down.

"Hello there~"

"What do you have that belongs to me?"

Natsu was trying to come across as serious, but the way his cheeks reddened was enough proof for Lucy to know she had an effect on him. She reached into her bra and pulled out his wallet, watching his eyes widen in shock. 

"Wha- but… how..?"

"I'm very good at what I do, beau." She batted her lashes as she gave him his wallet. He hesitated to follow her into the room once she turned around, but he ultimately decided to shut the door and join her. 

Natsu growled when he counted his money, not seeing the correct amount. "You're $20 short."

"I'll consider it payment for allowing you to take up my free time." 

Natsu rolled his eyes, but he didn't make any comment. She was allowing him another chance to get information on her, and this'll definitely be valuable for when he has to face the gang again. 

"My boss is away today, so, I thought maybe you and I could enjoy ourselves~"

"...What do you mean..?" 

"Well, what do you want me to mean?" 

Natsu hid his face in his scarf, but he knew she saw his deep blush. He also knew she was only trying to get a rise out of him, and he shouldn't give into her ways. "Look, I'd love to talk to you some more, but-"

Her loud laughter cut him off, and he stared at her in confusion before she finally settled down. "Your face..!" The blonde giggled, and Natsu cringed when he realized what she was referring to. 

"Aw, you didn't wanna wash off the mark I gave you last night? You're so cute~" She cupped his cheeks, coddling him. 

"No! I just didn't get any sleep last night…"

"Oh? Were you up all night thinking of me?" 

"Actually, yeah, I was." Natsu held in a smirk when he got her to blush. "I was looking for more information about you."

The blonde quickly recovered, her mischievous grin returning. "Did you have any luck?" 

"No…"

"I thought so." 

"I… I didn't expect to see you again… at least not this soon." Natsu decided to sit on the bed in the main bedroom, suddenly remembering how exhausted he was before he ran all the way here.

"You're very… interesting to me. Anyone with as much training as you would know better than to get involved with me, yet you did anyway." Her smile almost seemed warm, but it fell once he addressed her.