Chapter 61- Wasted

This chapter contains scenes that may be triggering or unsettling

"C'mon, they're already expecting to see ya!"

"I know, I'm just a little nervous…"

"I get it, but these guys are like family to me. You'll fit in just fine."

"...I hope so," Lucy squeezed Natsu's hand, needing all the comfort she could get. Today has been long anticipated, but she couldn't help but be anxious right now.

Today, she'll be joining Fairy Tail. 

"I'll be right here, okay?" Natsu gave her that smile that never failed to melt her heart. He would always be her light.

Looking into his eyes, Lucy could find the strength to smile, "Yeah."

This should be easy enough, they'll go in, speak with Makarov, and get Lucy's Fairy Tail insignia done. Natsu already called ahead to make sure nothing goes wrong, everyone can be a bit overwhelming at times. He just knew that Lucy would be a bit uneasy doing something so permanent like this with a bunch of people she's unfamiliar with around. 

Although, as they entered the building, Natsu realized that he should've expected to see the sight they walked in on.

Majority of the people in the building had been waiting for their arrival, all staring right at them as soon as they came into view. Natsu could feel Lucy tense up, and he groaned, "Guys… I told you to try not to make her uncomfortable…"

"We were just so excited to see her! It's been so long since we've had a new member…" Mirajane came up and grabbed Lucy's hands, causing her to let go of Natsu, "We want to welcome you!"

"Oh… Thanks," Lucy was a bit stunned, she definitely hadn't been prepared to have so many eyes on her at once.

"Okay, you're freaking her out," Natsu pulled his girlfriend away protectively and began escorting her further through the building, leaving the others a bit disappointed. 

"But, we'd like to get to know her-"

"Not right now."

Lucy was thankful for Natsu's help, but she did feel a bit guilty about ignoring everyone. These are the people she'll be connected to for the rest of her life, so she knew she'd have to get used to them, sooner rather than later. 

"You'll have to talk to Gramps on your own, it's just protocol," It seemed like Natsu was paranoid for her, which she found pretty endearing.

"I figured as much, it's fine. I was only nervous that they wouldn't like me or something," She gave him a peck on the lips, "You can relax."

Trying not to be distracted by her lips, Natsu shook his head, "Me? This is super important, I'm not the one that needs to worry about relaxing!"

"You're clearly not relaxed right now…"

"Well… Let me be the one who's not relaxed, then. As long as you're okay, that's all I care about."

"Aw, that's sweet. You're so cute~"

Natsu's cheeks grew red, but before he could respond, someone had cleared their throat behind them, "Well, are you two done?"

Lucy turned around, but was confused when she didn't see anyone nearby, only for the man to clear his throat again, "Down here, young lady."

"...Oh," Her eyes widened, having never seen anyone quite this short. Suddenly, she felt embarrassed for possibly seeming rude, and she bowed dramatically, "I'm sorry, it's nice to meet you…"