Reuniting a family

After the bandit raid the slaves were loaded into the trucks to be taken back to base where they'll be checked by the medics and sent to the village where they'll decide whether to stay or to leave.

During the ride home Robert wondered why one of the slaves seemed so familiar.

He shook his head and cleared those thoughts and remained alert for the rest of the trip, looking out for bandits or monsters.
_________________________________________
Robert POV

When we get back to base the slaves were loaded out and taken to the hospital where they were treated for their wounds and any possible disease.

I was walking towards the mess hall to get something to eat when I bump into someone.

Girl???: "I'm so sorry! I should've watched where I was going."

Me: "Dont worry about it."

Girl???: "Wait, weren't you the man who saved us from those bandits?"

The girls question left be confused for a second but when I looked at her I realized she was the girl that seemed familiar.

Girl???: "My name is Sara! Thank you for helping us. We didnt know what would happen if you didnt save us."

I looked at the girl, she seemed genuinely scared of what happened, an opposite of the prideful lord of Arters we killed back then.

Me: "No problem. Eat up and get some rest, were transporting you to a village nearby in a few weeks."

Sara: "Okay! Thank you again!"

The girl ran off to who knows where. Despite the recent events she still seems cheerful like nothing ever happened. I let out a tired sigh

Me: 'what a strange girl...'
_________________________________________
Michael POV

Next month

It's time to transport the slaves to the village. Poor fellas must've had it tough back at the bandit camp, atleast now they've got a second chance.

The former slaves, much healthier than before, got into the trucks and we drove off.

After we reached the village the people came to greet the former slaves and a feast was made to celebrate their freedom from slavery.

As the celebration goes on I turn to see Robert staring off at something. I look to see that Helen girl hugging one of the slaves.

Me: "Looks like things turned out alright."

Robert: "Yeah, it did."

The feast lasted till midnight and the slaves, finally freed, decided not to waste their second chance.
_________________________________________

(A/N): Sorry for the short chapter and sorry for not uploading in a while. I'm honestly not sure where this story is going but I'll try my best to continue the story.