A man with a mission II

Chaos was all around.

Harid looked on in shock as militia and rebel battle. Each swing filled with the intent to kill. Eyes filled with either fear, or hatred for the opposing side.

A rebel lunged at him but was killed by a stab from behind. Lee, the village blacksmith held out his hand. Harid hesitantly grabbed it and pulled himself up.

"Keep your head out of the clouds boy! Were still in this fight!" Lee shouted slashing at a rebel with his sword.

Harid, eyes now filled with resolve, had one thing in mind.

'I will survive!'

He blocks an attack with his shield, slashing at his attackers arm. While the rebels are trained, they are trained only the minimum amount of time so to continue having fighters in its hard struggle against the empire. 

The attacker too distracted by the pain of his arm was quickly cut down by Harid.

It was his first time killing, but he didnt care. All that mattered was he is alive while they arent.

For an hour militia against rebel battles fiercely for the village. They knew that this village would be the perfect place to prepare an attack against the vital trading town of Ark, so they fought, and they fought hard.
_________________________________________

After the battle Harid sat resting on the ruins of what used to be a small shop.

He stared at his blood stained hands with shock, fear, and disgust. He remembers the lessons his mother taught him. "You must not kill. You must be kind to your fellow persons." And yet he threw away his morals to save his life.

'They probably had families, friends... never to see each other again...'

Harid let out a few tears, eventually pouring out a small pitiful sob.

'How? How could I have discarded the importance of life? How could I have taken them so easily?'

Burying his head into his knees, nobody paid him any attention, they had their own problems to deal with.

A hand reached out to the crying young man. He looked up to see the brave blacksmith from before.

Harid grabbed Lee's hand just like they did during the battle. Wiping off his tears, he stared at Lee who was looking at him with pity.

Lee didnt say anything, he just grabbed his hand and placed an object in it.

Harid looked down at his hand to see what it was.  Eyes wide in horror and hand shaking, he held up the bloody bracelet.

It was the same bracelet his mother wore everyday.

Lee pulled the young man into his embrace. Harid once more fell into tears.
_________________________________________

These last few chapters may be a bit confusing but this character arc will be done in 4 more chapters if it goes well.

Hope you stick around to see how Harid affects the story!